Sr. Program Manager, Global Screening
Amazon is looking for a smart, ambitious, strategic, business transformation leader for our evolving HR tools and systems. In this role, you will develop deep expertise on Amazon's global pre-employment and onboarding processes and work with business owners, technologists, and HR partners to understand and document strategy, requirements and timelines. You will participate in cross-functional teams through the process and policy design, delivery, implementation, and support of new HR tools and services as well as contribute to change management.
- Deliver Solutions – Design and implement new or modified regional and global core HR screening processes to meet long term employee and HR business needs; partner with technical development teams on gap analysis and system design and prioritization of critical strategic components of the deployments.
- Operational Excellence - Drive regional and global HR screening process optimization while balancing the business need for flexibility and appropriate localization
- Measurement - Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs
- Business Requirements - Facilitate the collection and quality of regional business requirements including process deviations and localizations
- Subject Matter Expertise – develop deep knowledge of global pre-employment screening processes used by Amazon, and advise the business on regional and global process requirements and best practices for optimizing the use of Amazon People Technology
- Project Management – Develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule; collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals and commitment to timelines and deliverables
- Communication - Own communications to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and various white paper analysis
- 8+ years of HR or related experience
- 5+ years relevant program and project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related field
- Experience developing, improving and implementing processes and providing support for core HR solutions in large-scale, complex environments
- Experience designing processes for configuration or customization of core HCM technology such as Workday, PeopleSoft, SAP or Oracle HCM
- Ability to travel 25%
- Successful record of building, improving and running operational business processes globally, ability to drive program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated program ownership and consistent delivery on commitments - great organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Well-honed analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics including return on investment
- Strategic orientation, able to work with sophisticated financial analyses, assess and mitigate risk, forecast both long and short-term outcomes, and anticipate and navigate scenarios in a complex business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- Experience identifying and resolving complex issues, assumes leadership roles in unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances - solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
- Customer service orientation with a demonstrated desire to delight others – ability to serve multiple customers and deliver an excellent employee experience
- Graduate degree and/or MBA preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top