Sr. Program Manager, Global Last Mile Transportation (Ops/Tech)
Do you want to work hard, have fun and make history? If you do, then Amazon could be the right career choice for you! Amazon is changing the way we interact with customers around the globe every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical challenges facing the entire industry. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world-class Last Mile Operations. It is a new and aggressively growing business, both in size and scope.
The Last Mile Transportation team is a global team that works with operations and tech teams in each of our markets to become experts in both their present day operations and their future business needs. The team applies this expertise to: (1) build processes that improve productivity, reduce costs and reduce defects; (2) guide technology priorities and requirements; (3) drive the globalization of processes and technology; (4) launch new tools, processes and programs; and (5) develop and pitch ideas for continuous improvement. We are in a unique position to influence the strategic growth of our Global Last Mile operations.
As a Senior Program Manager, this individual will become part of a team of leaders in Amazon's Last Mile Operations. The team is responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to define product strategy in the Last Mile Operations across multiple geographies like North America, Europe, Japan, India and China, as well as across new businesses such as Prime Now and Amazon Fresh. The successful candidate will thrive in a constantly evolving business environment and work well with cross-functional teams to help deliver a world-class delivery capability. This role offers an opportunity to make business-critical decisions that will minimize network costs while continuing to increase the speed at which we deliver our customer's orders. This individual will work with teams on a global scale across Finance, Retail, Technology and Field Operators to help deliver key strategic initiatives.
We are actively seeking an innovator, communicator, influencer and problem solver. Transportation/logistics experience is required, as is full-cycle project and program management experience on a similar scale. Experience working in the last mile/small parcel space is highly preferred, as is experience working in a warehouse setting. This individual will manage large-scale, complex projects such as inventory optimization or software implementation, among others. He/she will incorporate process improvement/lean methodologies and use large data analysis components to drive decisions. Advanced knowledge of SQL and Excel required. Experience forecasting for the business is also important. Lastly, this individual must have experience enhancing/developing technology solutions on a global scale. He/she should have experience collaborating with Tech/IT teams, as well as Operations teams, in order to roll out new solutions. This individual will need to think and act fast, deal with ambiguity and innovate on behalf of the customer on a global scale. He/she must have experience and be comfortable working with teams across all levels of the organization on a global scale. Travel will be approximately 50% of the time domestically and internationally.
Core Job Tasks Include:
- Partner with key stakeholders to define product strategy (serve as a liaison between Tech and Ops teams)
- Promote data-driven decision making across the team, using tools such as Tableau, SQL, Excel and others
- Address barriers through problem solving and coordination with stakeholders
- Partner with other service leaders across Amazon to identify and influence the development of new products and services
- Directly influence the definition and management of the strategic roadmaps for the network
- Evangelize and gain buy-in for strategy and roadmap from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior operations leadership
- Create program goals and related metrics, track progress, and manage through obstacles to achieve objectives
- Define user experience goals, stories and requirements that can be used to develop new products and services as well as improve existing processes
- Share best practices with other Amazon teams on a global scale
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years of full-cycle program/product management experience in a similar industry
- Experience driving new/improved processes across multiple locations using lean methodologies (global preferred)
- Experience enhancing and developing new technology solutions; strong technical background and experience partnering with tech/IT teams required
- Experience executing supply chain management concepts: forecasting, demand planning, optimization, capacity management and logistics
- Demonstrated experience conducting time and motion studies, value stream/process mapping, failure mode analysis and root cause analysis
- Experience performing cost/benefit analysis, analyzing risk/reward tradeoffs, and making decisions in a highly-ambiguous and ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to drive decisions through data and analytics, utilizing tools such as SQL, Tableau and Excel
- Experience and desire to work in a hands-on role with operators in order to identify areas of improvement
- Written and verbal communication skills; comfortable communicating with VP-level decision makers; ability to speak and present effectively before the appropriate audience; experience communicating expectations and requirements with business and technology teams through written proposals
- Ability to invent and simplify on a large scale and gain buy-in from senior leaders
- Ability to understand operations at a detailed, practical level and also think at a strategic, big-picture level
- Desire and ability to learn quickly with strong appetite for knowledge, especially technology
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- Experience working on a global scale highly preferred
- Experience leading and influencing teams that are responsible for managing business operations
- Black Belt Certification preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top