Sr. Program Manager, Fleet Strategy and Visibility
- Santa Clara, CA
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Linehaul manages best-in-class surface transportation programs for our internal and external customers. Connecting vendors, fulfillment centers, sort centers, air gateways, and final mile delivery stations, if a truck load needs to be moved, we deliver results. We want exceptionally talented, customer-centric, bright, and dedicated people.
We are looking for an organized self-starter who excels at internal stakeholder management and external third party management to join the ATS Linehaul Fleet team.
As a Program Manager, you will work backwards from the customer, introduce new ways to manage Amazon-owned equipment, scale new programs quickly and with high quality, and deliver features/services to drive continuous value to customers. This will require close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including suppliers, ops, finance, and other business teams to bring strategies to fruition. In partnership with technology teams, you will also develop automated solutions for complex problems.
The successful candidate will communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. He or she will also possess excellent data-based and problem solving skills. If you have demonstrated an ability to innovate for the customer and want to create the best-in-class transportation experience, then come join our team.
• Define equipment and maintenance requirements for Amazon-owned transportation assets, such as trailers, intermodal containers, and auxiliary equipment.
• Measure Fleet performance across uptime, cost, damage, and utilization metrics. Provide feedback, and hold team(s) accountable for their performance.
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and facilitate team reviews weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
• Integrating and executing program, product, and technical management into operations. Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues at multiple levels.
• Interact with product, program managers and multiple Technology teams to develop and deploy the project corporately.
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups
• Create and implement process change initiatives leading to best-in-class customer experience, collaborating with planning, scheduling, ops and carrier management teams to ensure a holistic approach.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus constraints.
• BS Degree
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a Product Management, Program Management, Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Financial Analyst or equivalent role.
• Demonstrate ability to understand and communicate technical concepts, manage trade-offs, and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners
• Advanced knowledge in demand, forecasting, operation, and planning. Experience the demand and operation planning cycle.
• Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, test solutions
• Quantitative and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the drive to create and launch new programs
• Experience writing documents on topics such as process improvement proposals, business requirements, program roadmap and proof of concept.
• 5-10% travel may be required
• Able to work in a diverse team
• MBA degree
• Experience in engineering, management consulting, construction management, operations, supply chain, procurement, logistics, or transportation organizations
• Lead cross functional resources through the execution of detailed program launch plans, and develop appropriate feedback mechanism to bring awareness of impacts to product/program owners
• Experience with linehaul tractor/trailer maintenance operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top