Sr. Program Manager - Finance Technology
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers, developers, publishers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Finance is critical to the success of Amazon's rapid global expansion of its business. The core mission of Finance Technology team is to enable the Finance Organization and our partners by building scalable and reliable technology solutions that facilitate Amazon's growth. We are seeking a Payroll Portfolio Manager. In addition to continuously driving and improving execution of Finance Technology's core mission, this role requires working closely with project stakeholders, Finance senior management and key software development teams across the company to define the strategy/roadmaps, build out requirements and lead the teams through delivery.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon's products, business models, architecture and financial operations
- Support critical relationships with internal and external business partners
- Drive multiple complex to large programs/projects simultaneously from initiation through delivery
- Ensure strong business case development for all project requests including calculation of return on investment (ROI), assessment of customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success
- Develop and maintain the portfolio of projects supporting the Payroll Roadmap including facilitation of estimating work effort, confirmation of tech team's ability to deliver and prioritization of the backlog
- Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals
- Ensure consistent and efficient execution of payroll functions across Finance Technology by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs
- Collaborate with other PMs on team and across Amazon to identify and implement best practices.
- 8+ years of Program/project management experience in a mid-size or large company with a proven track record of successful delivery
- Bachelor's or a Master's Degree or the equivalent required
- Maniacal customer obsession and excellent expectation management abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven record of innovation and thought leadership
- Ability to convey project status and issues to multiple levels of the organization with the appropriate level of detail and crystal clear clarity
- Possess solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision
- Ability to effectively prioritize competing demands
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of business customers and drive resolution when conflicts or issues arise
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and how it pertains to project management lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate conceptual requirements from business owners into detailed business and functional requirements with an emphasis toward scalable and efficient global solutions
- Understanding of ERP systems' (such as Oracle, SAP)
- Good working knowledge of one or more of these Finance Operations domains - Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accounting and Payroll
- Experience using Six Sigma, Lean or other process improvement methodology to streamline business processes
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top