Sr. Program Manager, FC Launch
- Ozorków, Poland
This is a virtual role, you'll be aligned to your current site or the closest Amazon building, there will be no requirement to move. You will primarily be focusing on launching sites within your home country, there may be a requirement to support other sites throughout Europe.
Are you interested in launching the next generation of Amazon FC's in Europe? Do you want to be part of the ongoing growth and expansion of Amazon's infrastructure? Are you reluctant to apply because you're concerned you don't have the right qualifications? The FC Launch Team has a full training plan and support network to help you grow and succeed within this role.
The EU Engineering Services Team is seeking an experienced Amazon Operator or Program Manager to join the FC Launch Team to support the expansion of customer fulfilment in Europe. The Launch Program Manager is a key player in the end-to-end delivery of the complex challenge of launching new FC's, driving improvements and standards to enable new FCs to achieve benchmark rates while ramping to meet network capacity. In this role, you will influence a team comprising of General Managers, Senior Operations Managers, Operation Managers, Area Managers, StartUp Project Managers, Process SMEs, Design Engineers, as well as representatives of various key stakeholder teams including Supply Chain & Transportation, PPT, Talent Acquisition, HR, HVH, L&D, ICQA, EHS and many others. This role calls for an individual who is operationally knowledgeable, structured, confident and professionally and socially adept to earn credibility and trust with customers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
The day-to-day includes:
• Extensive travel, up to 40%
• End-to-End project coordination, managing multiple stakeholders to ensure all Road to Launch tasks are completed as per program
• Ensuring overall site readiness through thorough composite design reviews, module counts and effective communication on in-flight changes
• Ensuring launch sites have the training resource needed to launch effectively by defining critical role requirements, supporting sourcing of core away teams and coordinating with Operations to drive training
• Determine ramp capacities of buildings and supporting with site volume, transportation and labor planning
• Conduct Operational Readiness Testing to ensure launch site has been deployed as per design and specification
• Post launch on site operational support
• Post launch lessons learned sessions to drive 10% year-on-year improvements
• Driving operational goals and metrics for the launch project
• Presenting launch and operational metrics to the Engineering Services Leadership team.
• Managing continuous improvement projects
The successful candidate:
• Is structured and organized, to plan the use of resource and labor to meet deadlines.
• Has strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead project team.
• Has strong communication skills to build relationships and identify with stakeholders across the organization.
• Is able to use their initiative and make decisions under pressure.
• Has the ability to monitor and control budgets and drive year-on-year saving opportunities
• Will compile, manage and report on weekly project metrics and be responsible for leading many high profile meetings to align on project requirements.
• Has the ability to learn fast and adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
• Has fulfillment center operational skills and experience.
• L6 employee with 2+ years Amazon FC Ops experience / Program Management.
• Experience with FC volume & labor planning, performance metrics, process improvement and lean techniques
• Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations
• Experience with the full onboarding & training process for Ops Mgmt. as well as FC hourly associates
• Strong analytical capability; track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems
• Excellent communication skills (including local language and English, written and verbal)
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related logistics field would be desired
• Participation during a previous new FC Launch at Amazon in any role would be desired
Back to top