The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) owns Amazon's global inventory planning and fulfillment systems. SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon's business goals. SCOT optimizes vendor facing products, policies and plans to help our Customers get what they need, as fast as possible. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. See this short video for more info: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot.
Within SCOT, Amazon's Optimal Sourcing Systems (OSS) team is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Program Manager to manage direct engagements with top vendors and drive execution of new programs geared to reduce end to end supply chain costs. Our vision is to make Amazon most preferred retailer among our vendor base. We will achieve it by developing programs and products that enable supply chain collaboration to remove friction and inefficiencies across manufacturing and distribution network for brand owners.
As a Senior Program Manager in this space, you will work closely with retail and operations team to launch new initiatives with target vendor base and drive insights/actions to shape roadmap for supply chain collaboration space (Project: Bodhi).
Key principles for being successful in this role:
• Drive program objectives provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
• Scale services and tools design processes and procedures that scale with the business' growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
• Define key performance indicators develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives.
• Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
• Collaborate and build relationships with system and business owners globally to ensure process excellence and the highest degree of controllership.
• Drive resolution of critical issues for critical customers as well as support processes/systems deep dives to ensure root cause analysis and correction resulting in improved customer experience.
• Negotiate efficient and reliable processes and policies across partner teams to systematically eliminate dependencies and defects.
• Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Intermediate SQL proficiency
• Good business acumen
• Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Master's degree or higher in Engineering, Math, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or MBA
• Experience in Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation, Engineering or Business
• Proficiency with SQL
• Experience working with BI tools like Tableau (preferred), Quicksight, MicroStrategy