Sr. Program Manager, Entitlements
- Washington, DC
Are you looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced, innovative company, on a rapidly growing team? Are you eager to take ownership and are you driven to dig deep? Do you enjoy inventing and simplifying to deliver bar raising results? If so, come make history with the AMZL Real Estate Entitlements Team.
Amazon operates a world-class network of delivery stations across the globe. The Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Team is responsible for the acquisition, construction and management of all facilities in the Amazon Delivery Station Network. We are looking for a talented professional to join our Real Estate Entitlements Team who will support the expansion and operation of AMZL's Delivery Station Network in the U.S. You will work directly with local jurisdictions to identify and successfully navigate the required real estate entitlements to open new delivery stations, as well as maintain ongoing relationships with the jurisdictions in which we operate and act as the escalation point to solve any entitlement issues arising during the life of the delivery station.
Principal duties include the day-to-day management of our real estate entitlements program. You will be responsible for introducing new projects to the local jurisdiction and participating in any local meetings and hearings relating to these projects. In addition, you will work cross-functionally with other internal and external teams, including Transaction Management, Delivery Station Design, Legal, Economic Development/Public Policy, Construction and Launch, to obtain the necessary entitlements as quickly as possible. You will be responsible for communicating project entitlement status across many teams and management levels.
The successful candidate must be a relationship builder and influencer who is skilled at establishing strong jurisdictional relationships, and is comfortable navigating complex local real estate entitlement processes, including conditional use permits, variances and re-zoning or zoning code amendment processes. You must also be an adept public speaker, enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, while demonstrating sound judgment - particularly in ambiguous situations. AMZL offers its professionals the opportunity to develop their experience and career with one of Amazon's fastest growing divisions. Travel will be required.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
• 5+ years of relevant real estate experience, including serving in a planning, zoning or land use capacity.
• Experience with industrial zoning codes for local jurisdictions
• Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with local jurisdictions and understanding land use regulations.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, SharePoint and other Project Management tools, such as SalesForce.
• Juris Doctor or other advanced degree.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
• Experience in building and improving internal processes.
• A proven ability to work collaboratively and constructively to help teams achieve bar raising results.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top