Sr Program Manager, EC2
- San Diego, CA
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale cloud computing easier and more cost effective for developers. In EC2 Capacity Customer Experience (CCX) in AWS, our mission is to ensure the right capacity is available for customers through forecasting, planning, guidance and execution, especially for large unpredictable scaling events.
The EC2 CCX Rack Planning team is searching for a passionate and talented program manager to help make high velocity decisions under circumstances that can at times be ambiguous. This customer facing role includes driving key initiatives that support goals/KPIs that are measured and reported to executive leadership. As the business of cloud computing grows increasingly technologically complex, it also brings new opportunity to drive capital efficiency and ensure the right decisions are getting made to the delight of our customers. Additional responsibilities include driving process improvements and collaborating with engineering organizations to build new technologies that automate all aspects of demand planning.
From Day 1, Program Managers are given ownership and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions, along with the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience and the business. This role requires working with professionals in many different domains including Engineering, Forecasting, Product Management, Supply Chain, Logistics, Data Center Planning, along with high visibility to senior leaders at AWS.
We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
• You bring a unique combination of technical, analytical, and business skills; bridging these together to drive scalable and capital efficient solutions.
• You provide the right amount of information and insights to business teams, and are also able to dive deep to have a thorough understanding of EC2's portfolio of products, current programs and various data query methods.
• You are comfortable juggling competing priorities, being scrappy when needed and handling ambiguity.
• You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives, scrum masters are welcome.
• You are willing to "get your hands dirty" in a start-up environment to act as change agent and create new applications, tools, processes, and reports as needed.
• You bring extensive experience in defining products and programs, effectively communicate strategic initiatives to business leaders, and are able to work with engineering, product management, supply chain, business ops and finance teams.
• You are data driven and have experience in data analytics. You are passionate about finding root causes and trends independently. You use data to support your ideas, drive actionable outcomes, and identify opportunities for partnerships across Amazon.
• You are comfortable in analyzing large data sets quickly to identify complex patterns and relationships resulting in operational solutions to real business problems in the area of capacity and fleet management.
• You look around corners and are proactive in identifying areas of risk to customers. You are constantly inventing new ways to measure the health of the business, and insisting on the highest standards when holding other accountable to deliver.
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in program/project/product management, inventory management, business operations, and/or in a leading role
• BS Degree in Engineering, Information Studies, Supply Chain, Business, or Finance
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Information Studies, Supply Chain, Business, or Finance
• Prior experience in cloud-based computing, demand planning, supply chain management, technology and engineering roles.
• Advanced SQL, Tableau and other BI and analytics technologies
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skill
• Ability to communicate in writing clearly, succinctly, and in a data-driven fashion
• Excellent problem-solving skills. Comfortable with going deep and wide. Data driven
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Ability to balance the strategic with the operational, even as operational load increases during peak seasons
• Ability to effectively work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Innovative and self-directed
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
Back to top