Sr. Program Manager- Driver Training Analytics and Tech
- Bellevue, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and we believe our neighbors are our customers. Are you passionate about being a part of a team where your work has meaningful impact on communities and those in need? Do you get excited about operating in an ambiguous green field environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to define a roadmap for work that is critical to Amazon's continued ability to deliver smiles in communities? Amazon Logistics' (AMZL) mission is to provide the best last mile customer experience delivering each package to the customer's doorstep through innovative delivery options including lockers, in car and in home delivery at speeds to delight our customers. Our global network of delivery stations, field associates, last mile drivers and Delivery Service Partners is growing at a rapid pace as AMZL expands around the world.
AMZL is looking for a Sr Program Manager to develop key components of the long-term driver training strategy in North America (US and CA) and in UK and Europe (DE, FR, IT, and ES) by supporting the build out of Amazon's Last Mile Centers of Excellence. This includes evaluations of traditional infrastructure aspects such as the effectiveness, impact and preferred duration of behind the wheel or closed course training; evaluating physical training centers and applicability to the AMZL decentralized network (100s of stations globally) or select high density locations only in major cities; driving simulators, virtual reality options or other tech to replace or supplement behind the wheel training; and measuring the effectiveness & data associated with each of these efforts. The candidate will be tasked to view training through a different lens using Amazon's competitive advantage leveraging data and technology. The candidate will be responsible to leverage our internal safety data, telemetry data, delivery quality data, and customer experience data as well as in path or in device capability to tie together onboarding training with continuous learning and improvement for drivers over time, at scale. The Last Mile Technology (LMT) partners drive many of these efforts and your goal will be to connect these capabilities more directly to our training programs.
This role will support, through analytics, technology and program management, the new physical centers of excellence driver training locations to test the above concepts in the US. These centers will include both heavy hands on, behind the wheel testing and simulator testing to determine which set of training methods AMZL should pursue as a long-term strategy and expand in major cities. This role will support the launch of two facilities by the end of 2020 and build out additional testing facilities in the future.
Responsibilites include (but are not limited to):
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Leverage data and analytic visualization to build out best in class worldwide training at Center of Excellence facilities and our long term driver strategy
• Build a tech strategy with cross-department teams to leverage new and existing technologies to improve and build new WW training
• Evaluate internal and external training programs and identify best practices, technologies, and capabilities AMZL will test across training facilities
• Support the build of and iterate against multiple Center of Excellence locations in North America to teach drives at scale and partner with EU Training and WHS partners for similar efforts in Europe.
• Define, measure and report on driving data and learning metrics, feedback from drivers on their experience, and ability to integrate and scale leveraging our internal technology efforts.
• Lead analytics to build scalable solutions across the North America and Europe AMZL network, including decentralized and centralized models
• Support the expansion of the practices and applications across the network.
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
• 5+ years experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of program initiatives
• 5+ years experience with data mining and data analysis
• Experience using Microsoft Excel (such as pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.)
• Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
• MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired; Training experience preferred
• Demonstrated history to program manage and connect teams including WW Training, Tech, Operations, Health & Safety
• Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, or Microsoft Access
• Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Executive level written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
• High interest in driving and testing near term tangible improvements to determine the right long term solution and investment to effectively train our drivers for both safety and customer delivery experience.
• Strong experience or interest in employee experience, development, and customer obsession.
• Excels at delivering results in a fast-paced, cross-functional, and ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top