Sr. Program Manager
- San Diego, CA
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation for trust the Marketplace Abuse team is tasked with identifying and preventing abuse for our customers and brand owners worldwide.
We are looking for people who are detail oriented and passionate about helping us ensure that customers make great purchase decisions and that brand owners and sellers using Amazon are successful listing and selling their products. Amazon's growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new solutions, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Program Manager role is an innovative, results driven professional with solid people skills and a strong continuous improvement background to join the team. They must have a strong hands-on experience in Program management and deliverables with an ability to collaborate and to lead cross-functional teams to help execute a high level Seller Experience improvement strategy based on a data driven approach. They will be a strong quality advocate with an excellent planning and optimization mindset to drive parity and convergence between already in-flight programs/processes and ideal state new programs/processes. They will build collaborative relationships with stakeholders, program managers, and partner teams, working closely to create and execute a project roadmap. They will lead development of an actionable goal commitment strategy that ensures the goals set for the Marketplace Abuse team are achieved or exceeded. This is a global role that will include interaction with global teams and requiring a strong ability to communicate effectively with various business teams. Travel may be required.
• An innovator who is not afraid to dive deep on Seller pain points and experiment with new solutions
• Customer Obsessed in their approach to measure and analyze issues, and lead development of scalable solutions
• A strong communicator who interacts with stakeholders across levels and geographies to gather input and feedback
• Able to leverage and build data insights to analyze and isolate issues, develop solutions, and prioritize opportunities for Selling Partner experience improvements
• Flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas
• Establish and monitor goals and metrics to identify and measure opportunities and success.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations Management, or a related field.
2. 5+ years of relevant experience in project/program management
3. Proven experience of effectively owning and building programs in ambiguous environment.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills, a bias for action and a proven ability to influence others.
5. Demonstrated ability to autonomously conduct quantitative analytics and problem-solve when data does not align
6. Demonstrated experience preparing requirements/ user stories and working with engineering teams to implement initiatives.
7. Basic SQL and programming skills.
8. Experience leading teams to deliver cross-functional projects.
9. Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate at all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
• Experience applying machine learning to solve problems.
• Process improvement experience such as Kaizen, LEAN or Six Sigma.
• Demonstrate experience working with program managers, tech and business teams
• Proficiency in extracting data from SQL, writing queries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top