Sr. Program Manager: Content Information Architect
- Seattle, WA
The Partner Support and Solutions team strives to make Amazon the best place for sellers, vendors, and brands (selling partners) to reach customers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. Within this group, the CTPS Content Management (CCM) team plays a key role by driving the creation of high-quality, user-centered content for selling partners with Amazon, and for the associates and investigators who support selling partners when they contact the company. We set the tone for the global business, creating great content across 27 languages.
As a Senior Program Manager for Content Strategy, you'll lead global programs relating to content governance, including process design, content strategy, and technical solutions. You'll collaborate with multiple editorial teams to gather feature requirements and optimize editorial processes. You'll partner with developers to create and improve features and solutions that enable scalable solutions for a growing global audience spanning 20 countries, 27 languages, and thousands of pieces of content. You'll help develop an extensible content architecture that supports the different types of content the team creates. Your solutions will promote content reuse, and you'll prepare the organization for large-scale expansion projects.
This is a high-visibility role. The successful candidate will ensure our content teams deliver world-class, selling-partner-facing content to meet our fast-paced business needs. You will build collaborative relationships with partners and work closely with them to create and execute project roadmaps for process improvements and technical solutions. You will also prepare and present regular program updates to senior management.
You must be able to:
• Identify and analyze data and anecdotal input from selling partners and support associates to identify and isolate issues
• Test solutions and prioritize competing program opportunities
• Create, maintain, and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management
• Plan, prioritize, and manage parallel projects and remove blockers by working across functions to develop solutions
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas, and focused on the success of the selling partners
• Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels and influence business, product, and technical teams to define and deliver solutions
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage escalations, negotiate tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Apply resources efficiently to keep business costs down
• 7+ years of project or program management experience.
• 5+ years of experience leading project delivery for large cross-functional projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Information Management, or related field.
• Master's degree in Technical Writing, Information Management, or related field.
• A background in knowledge management systems, customer service operations, and program management is strongly preferred.
• Experience developing or testing Internet products and technologies.
• Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically.
• Experience with Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques.
• Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
• Demonstrated planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to dive deep and ask the right questions.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, strong presentation skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire large groups of people.
We are considering candidates who can work in or relocate to either Seattle, Washington, or Arlington, Virginia.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top