Sr. Program Manager, Capacity Delivery Planning
- United States
The AWS Infrastructure organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented team member to manage JIT planning and delivery of networking capacity in data centers. Data center network capacity planning owns the supply plan for data center networking in response to the customer forecasts. We own initiatives to model and improve the utilization of our network, power, cooling and space infrastructure in our data centers so that we are generating capacity at the lowest possible cost. In this role you will work closely with demand planning, finance, networking, and software development teams to deliver high quality and robust capacity planning processes, with favorable business outcomes. You will identify defects or waste in our planning processes, and drive new processes and software automation to eliminate the defects and prevent them from recurring without posing risk to availability.
Successful candidates will be analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills. They thrive in collaborative, cross-functional environments and work backwards from the needs of internal and external customers to create solutions that work for upstream and downstream teams as well as data center capacity planning. While they may not have managed a team before, they will have worked on high functioning teams and are committed to developing talent and creating a positive work environment.
• Bachelors degree in statistics, business, finance, engineering, or a related field.
• 5+ years of capacity planning, production planning, operations planning, or inventory planning experience.
• 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis and determining actions from analysis
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (look-ups & pivot tables)
• Experience with process improvement, systems development, and project management.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, willingness to roll up your sleeves.
• Ability to think and react in a high energy, fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to senior executives.
• Dual education background - business and tech/quantitative discipline.
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data (including SQL) and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
• Data center planning experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top