Sr. Program Manager, Borderless Scaling
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Amazon Canada is a fast-growing business where our business model is evolving with technology and industry trends. We need nimble leaders who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done in an environment that resembles a start-up. Amazon is seeking to hire and develop leaders that have the capability to grow into general managers that can independently run large business segments spanning multiple functional areas. Incoming hires are given ownership of large, important areas of opportunity; the autonomy to make decisions; and the ability to drive significant impact to the customer experience.
We are looking for an experienced program management leader to help grow the Amazon Canada Softlines business. Our supply chain technology has enabled us to grow in new market segments by building infrastructure to offer millions of products to customers across North America. Our vision is to enable customers to purchase any product that we offer globally, through a localized customer experience. Given our existing infrastructure and earth's greatest selection, we have a unique value proposition to offer.
As the program management leader, you will be responsible for leveraging our supply chain infrastructure to accelerate revenue and profitability growth and also recommend new tools and systems to provide the best and most compelling selection to our Canadian customers. You will define and refine the vision for end-to-end selection management and develop a roadmap to achieve your vision, working cross functionally with global teams across the organization.
The ideal candidate has a broad skill set including analytical horsepower, large scale program management expertise, business acumen, and a passion for creating a world-class experience for our customers. You must be able to leverage this expertise to articulate and advocate initiatives for business and customer experience improvement, while working across North American retail, operations and technology teams. As part of your work with global business and technology teams you must have the leadership presence and communication skills to drive change. You must also be customer-obsessed with strong self-motivation.
In this role, your responsibilities will be to:
• Define selection strategy and work cross functionally to accelerate selection enrollment
• Identify major obstacles and influence global teams to define and implement scalable solutions
• Help build the infrastructure, capabilities, and reporting required to scale
• Drive the right set of input goals to consistently improve implementation
• Lead the vision and implementation
• Bachelor's degree
• 4+ years of work experience in product management, consulting, financial analysis, engineering, technology, or related field
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically; a relentless focus on customers
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and experience delivering multiple competing projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualized and manage multiple complex projects with various technical, engineering and other cross-functional teams
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Experience in eCommerce a plus
• Knowledge of SQL a plus
Back to top