Sr. Program Manager
- San Diego, CA
We are growing and taking on more to make the world safe for ecommerce. Amazon's Buyer Risk team is a centralized technology team that protect all of Amazon's businesses and services from fraud and abuse. These systems, invisible to the customer, work seamlessly across the billions of transactions occurring simultaneously around the world. We are pioneering new techniques to detect and neutralize bad actors that attempt to abuse our policies.
Buyer Risk designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning to identify and prevent abusive transactions. Abuse prevention is a real money game where our software teams strive to outsmart those who attempt to defraud Amazon and our customers. Come build with us! Every dollar of abuse that we prevent is a dollar of profit for Amazon or its 3P Sellers, a dollar that could be reinvested to deliver new features for our customers. Because of Amazon's huge scale, this a great opportunity to add hundreds of millions to the bottom line.
Buyer Risk is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric program manager to drive the relationship with the emerging markets teams. The successful candidate will be expected to own and deliver our goals in partnership with business, software, science and operational teams. He or she will be analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Roles and Responsibilities: As a program manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new feature, service, product, or system. Gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. Program Managers contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
• Partner with stakeholders from core business and operations teams to define and implement new strategies to improve buyer risk metrics and performance.
• Develop scalable change management strategies and plans to support the implementation of program changes and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
• Communicate, both verbally and in writing, program successes, failures, lessons learned and mitigation plans to stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 6 years of large scale program management experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
• Demonstrated knowledge of program management lifecycle, and skilled at project management tools
• Proven analytic skills
• Master's Degree
• Proven analytical aptitude, including the ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets
• Six sigma green belt level capabilities in deconstructing processes and metrics, to identify areas of opportunity and lead the development and implementation of new processes
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and work under tight deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and handle various projects simultaneously to drive timely results
• Ability to deliver results with self-initiative and determination in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Ability to drive projects efficiently in a cross-functional environment by establishing respect and confidence in the business and technical communities
• Ability to motivate and focus people resources where there is no direct reporting relationship
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top