Sr Program Manager, AWS HR
About Amazon Web Services (AWS): AWS is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
As Sr PM for AWS HR, you'll be responsible for owning and managing HR scope in AWS-specific Expansion, system integration, or process improvement programs and projects. This role has direct partnership with AWS HR Line Organizations but also partners extremely closely with the AWS business and Amazon's central HR. Specific initiatives this year will including building and executing AWS's existing country expansion roadmap (with emphasis on programmatic datacenter launch and post-launch handover); developing cultural assimilation strategies; and developing an operational support model to reduce expansion burden on line Human Resources. There will also be additional HR Projects, with specific focus on building compliance and scalability of growth into HR systems and technology.
Key competencies and success factors of the role include:
- Makes optimal tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope, and applies advanced knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
- Anticipates, identifies and drives resolution of challenges and interdependencies to prevent downstream problems.
- Relies heavily on influence – not authority – to drive teams and resources toward project goals.
- Frequency, size and manner of escalation demonstrate good judgment and appropriate prioritization.
- Plays a significant role with business leaders to determine potential risks to a schedule and make difficult tradeoffs decisions.
- Use advanced professional concepts, resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Operates with significant autonomy and discretion.
- Has significant creativity and good judgment.
- 5+ years of Program/Project Management Experience; Exceptional project and program management skills; can teach and coach these skills in others but also acts as a productive hands-on PM
- System thinking and strong analytical skills; can not only work with data but can identity root causes, recognize patterns, and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, Excellent global partner; works exceptionally well across different global regions, including APAC, EMEA, and the Americas
- Savvy with technology and technologists; early-adopter of technology, curious and knowledgeable about cloud computing, and puts technology to work for them to more efficiently manage programs and projects
- Must be able to travel 25%, as necessary
- 10+ years of Program/Project Management Experience
- Project management certifications (PMP, Prince 2, other)
- Master's degree (MBA or HR)
- Strong across-the-board functional HR knowledge including compensation/total rewards, talent management, performance management, and organization design and development
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top