Sr Program Manager, ATS Linehaul
- Seattle, WA
Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mold to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience? Would you like to participate in ground breaking initiatives related to Transportation? Then, this is the role for you...
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) is looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, technically skilled, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Sr Program Manager in our Luxembourg office. In this role, you will drive innovation in Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation network. As part of the Program Development team, you will be responsible for defining, scoping and implementing completely new ideas in order to meet our customers' and stakeholders' needs while satisfying performance and budget goals. You will work on defining the business strategy to transform the current transportation environment while influencing Senior Leadership on the direction for the Middle Mile business.
• The Program Manager drives strategy, prioritizes projects/initiatives and feature sets, as well as align and sets stakeholders expectations for Amazon. This requires interaction with Amazon's WW operations and technical teams.
• You will have the full ownership of a program from the scoping/creation until the implementation.
• You will work closely with a team of Sr. Program and Product Managers to drive the collection and implementation of requirements, ensure alignment with corporate objectives and contractual obligations.
• You will need to define, prioritize and plan the resources and technical requirements needed for programs to be delivered on time.
• You will work with external parties in order to generate program adoption and ensure a successful implementation.
• You will write and review business cases, perform supporting research and analysis, write specifications, and drive the product development from design to release.
• You will be required to have clear, precise, and regular communication with all stakeholders. This includes ongoing project/program status reports as well as capturing requirements.
• You will retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Access, SQL or other data management systems.
• You will monitor project execution and ensure that the project delivery is to the appropriate levels of quality and in line with its target date, ensuring the overall integrity within the program.
• Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious, highly motivated and effective within distributed teams.
The position is based in Amazon's EU Headquarters in the vibrant city of Luxembourg.
The ideal candidate has proven experience working within the transportation delivery industry, sales, and/or product development.
• Candidates must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
• An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment
• Liaising and collaborating with external partners will also require negotiation skills.
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is required
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Fluency in English is required
• Academic focus on Operations Management, Mathematics/Engineering or MBA.
• Working knowledge of data analytics and experience in SQL, R, or any other programming language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
• Experience in Transportation, Freight Forwarding and Logistics - a strong plus
• Fluency in German, French, Polish, or other European languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top