Sr. Program Manager, Asset Planning, Middle Mile
- Bellevue, WA
Would you like to be part of a team focused on driving innovation in the transportation industry, while working to contribute to Amazon's sustainability goals? If you have great instincts and a drive to build new mechanisms and simplify process across teams, you may be just right for the Sr. Program Manager role. The Middle Mile team is seeking candidates with entrepreneurial spirit who are quick learners and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment.
As part of this team, you would work on an exciting and confidential initiative in middle mile transportation organization. We are looking for a leader who will define our asset planning and procurement strategy, drive asset investment, drive scaling this initiative and interact with executive leadership and business teams. You'll work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also effectively day-to-day by diving deeply into business and operations domains. The Sr. Program Manager will partner closely with Fleet Operations, resource planning and business units to define processes and improve efficiency.
As an ideal candidate, you will need an extensive background in program management, demonstrated leadership of high-impact strategic initiatives, and experience in managing and driving process improvement initiatives. The role requires rapid learning in new domain areas, understanding integration between products and systems, technical skillsets in analyzing data to make product decisions. This role offers an opportunity to play a prominent role in leading efforts that make a difference to our customers, while improving our efficiency and cost structure. This role is inherently cross functional - you will work closely with engineering, business, operations, finance and executive teams. This job will require exceptional communication skills and having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment with all levels of leadership, and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex challenges, communicating persuasively and with a strong bias to get things done and deliver results.
• Bachelor's degree in business, Operations Research, or related field
• 5+ years of work experience in project/program management
• Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to make business decisions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present findings in a clear and concise manner to senior leadership
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
• Proven project management skills
• Experience in market research, competitive analysis, SWOT to help frame strategic outlook
• Master's Degree in Science, Engineering, Marketing, MBA or similar field from an accredited university
• Experience with logistics, transportation or supply chain management
• 6+ years' experience in a similar Operations Management or Industrial Engineering role, ideally in fast-paced production/manufacturing/logistics environment
Back to top