Sr. Program Manager, Amazon Logistics Safety
- Palo Alto, CA
Do you want to be a leader in a fast-paced, growing organization that is rapidly transforming customer experience through last mile delivery services? Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and challenge senior leaders across organizations, and a deep commitment to the safety of our associates, drivers, customers, and community members.
Amazon Logistics is hiring a program manager to lead strategic initiatives that integrate safety into projects reaching across all functions of this fast paced and growing organization. We seek a strong leader who can set priorities, communicate clearly, and consistently deliver results across diverse cross-functional teams. You must have the capability to create and present whitepapers for senior executives and an ability to solve complex, technical problems with simple, innovative and practical solutions.
You will drive strategic alignment across organizations, setting priorities for Under the Roof (UTR) and On the Road (OTR) Operations, WHS, Engineering, ACES, On Road Quality, Driver Programs, Last Mile Tech and Product teams, DSPs, and Flex. You will ensure an integrated system in which facilities, equipment, process, and tools are designed for safe and efficient operations, while feedback mechanisms inform designers and process owners for continuous improvement. You will build strong partnership across functional organizations to identify opportunities for collaborative solutions and drive accountability.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an influencer capable of working effectively with senior leadership across multiple organizations and geographies. You will also need to be a self-starter, proven program and project leader, communicator, and problem solver with strong analytical skills. You will be personally committed to the safety of our associates, drivers, customers and community members. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 6+ years professional experience in transportation/supply chain/logistics or program management role
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, building trust with key stakeholders to collaborate on impactful solutions
• Demonstrated ability to inspect work and iterate on improvements, at scale, considering inputs of key stakeholders
• Can deliver results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
• High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• MBA or degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights
• Comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top