Do you have a passion for customer experience? Do you want to build and deliver a delightful buying experience for customers around the world and an easy selling experience for millions of businesses? If so, this is the right role for you. Amazon strives to be the Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. And Amazon Global Selling (AGS) is a critical element of this vision, focusing on breaking down barriers to enable our Selling Partners to launch and grow their business on Amazon Japan. AGS strives to recommend relevant products matching local customer preferences, provide easy to use translation and compliance tools as well as services, and develop low cost inbound transportation solutions.
As a Global Sales Program Manager, you will work with Seller recruitment teams across the globe with a focus on driving a best-in-class customer/seller experience, while helping existing Sellers expand their business on Amazon.co.jp. You must be able to work independently, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to influence internal/external partners at all levels of the organization. This role will particularly suit someone with project management expertise, strong analytical abilities, business development experience, relationship building skills and/or international trade acumen.
• Generate country-specific insights, identify goals, and work with global Seller recruitment teams to track performance, troubleshoot issues and implement scalable solutions/processes.
• Work with Japan business teams to: 1) identify initiatives to be driven by the international seller recruitment teams; and 2) create new business opportunities for sellers to grow their businesses in Japan.
• Identify key challenges for international Selling Partners expanding into Japan. Create business cases supported by data and Seller feedback in partnership with relevant business and technical product teams to prioritize and deliver improvements to Seller Experience.
• Perform deep dives into high visibility topics and present the findings to business leadership.
• Bridge communication and best practices across international teams around the world.
• Provide regular business updates at key business reviews.
Various Working System for Work Life Harmony: We believe that it is important to spend private time such as spending time with your family or doing anything you like to spur innovation. Amazon promotes a fulfilling and flexible work style according to the work volume and lifestyle of each employee. (Example: Flex Time, Work From Home, Maternity /Parenting /Family Care Leave etc.)
• Japanese and English business level including verbal and written communications.
• BA/BS required, 5+ years professional experience.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to work successfully with teams across organization and global teams
• Strong quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
• E-commerce experience
• An M.B.A. or equivalent master's degree
• Basic to intermediate SQL skills
• Demonstrated skills in managing complex processes with multiple business owners, making trade-offs against business priorities
• Experience using analytical, sales, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, SalesForce, Microsoft OneNote, and Microsoft SharePoint.