Sr. Program Manager, Amazon Flex
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. We are doing this by building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors - called delivery partners - to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages.
As the Sr. Program Manager for Amazon Flex New Business, you will own developing new business opportunities to utilize the Flex delivery partner network. To achieve your goals, you will work with functions that cut across the organization; including data science, technology, operations, and marketing.
Some of the key job functions of the Program Manager are:
• Work closely with finance, marketing, capacity management, data science, engineering, and program management on all strategic new business initiatives.
• Support new product and program launches including working with other programs and product management team leaders that wish to leverage Flex as a last mile solution.
• Make difficult resource trade-offs and align leadership on inputs, outputs, and priorities.
• Develop a global north star vision for each new business opportunity, align with senior leadership, and drive the organization, and supporting teams, to achieve that vision.
• Define creative, high quality, simple project roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
Invent and Simplify
• Improve key system inputs to move beyond the initial launch to a scaled up business and enable the function to go 'hands off the wheel'.
• Develop and analyze operation dashboards to identify areas of opportunities and address pre-defined as well as ad-hoc business questions.
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the business' ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
• Optimize the balance between delivery quality, cost, and driver engagement
• Lead projects from initial development to implementation that will streamline processes and drive operational improvements.
• Create performance analyses on a day-to-day basis that provide actionable insights to audit and optimize our capacity planning strategy and execution.
• Bachelor's degree or higher, Economics or Business preferred
• 6+ years of professional experience
• 5+ years of product management and new business launches
• Excel proficiency, SQL base knowledge, experience with very big data.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back-up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions.
• Experience with 'gig economy'
• MBA, Masters, or advanced degree
• Proven history of hiring and developing high performing teams
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top