Sr. Program Manager, Amazon Flex
- Arlington, VA
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
At Amazon Logistics we are building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors - called delivery partners - to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in concert with our advanced logistics systems that allows delivery partners to on board, schedule delivery times, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. The approach and technology are nothing short of disruptive, and promise to challenge traditional approaches, and change the way the industry operates.
Amazon Flex is currently building a high paced and lean Japanese leadership team to implement and expand Flex capabilities across Amazon Logistics' Japan business. Amazon is now looking to hire an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and (most importantly), customer-obsessed program manager.
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager in Japan to help establish Amazon Flex as the preferred provider in this specific space in order to build our network of Delivery Partners to drive product utilization and service optimization within the Amazon Logistics world. Internally, this leader will work with functions that cut across the organization, including technology, transportation, operations and customer service, to drive a great customer experience for our program and support initiatives across APAC.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, passionate, highly analytical and detail-oriented, possess superior inter personal and communication skills, and be comfortable working independently to drive growth and change in a fast paced environment. An extreme bias for action is an absolute must, and candidates must demonstrate a superior track record of delivering results.
• Execute Amazon Flex DP scheduling strategy in country, in partnership with Product and Technology teams based in Seattle
• Set up scalable and reliable ways to measure success as part of every feature launch
• Provide expert guidance on the technology industry, its vendors, and emerging data tech trends
• Maintain and grow expertise in global industry standards, technologies, partner and competitor companies' strategies
• Make connections across the teams that are building solutions, identifying where we have gaps or redundancies; influencing leadership to streamline solutions and define mutually beneficial goals
• Ensuring scalability of solutions
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
https://www.amazon.jobs/en/landing_pages/passivesmoking (Japanese only)
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven, successful background in a program management or operational role within a highly operational and technology focused environment. They should also be able to display the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Business level of English (written, verbal)
• +4 years of experience in product management, program management, with end to end product delivery
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in executing technology solutions in a fast paced, high growth, operational business environment
• Experience implementing worldwide projects in a local environment
• Experience developing & overseeing road map strategy and definition from scratch
• Experience of data-driven decision making
• Master's degree/MBA in business, operations, logistics, supply chain, or related field
• Preferred bachelors in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Information Systems or related field
• Experience in executing technology solutions in a fast paced, high growth, operational business environment
• Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance and tight deadlines
• Experience managing, negotiating, and communicating with internal/external business partners
• Strong and effective communication skills in Japanese is preferred but not mandatory
※賃金に関する条件は、1回目の面接時までに個別に通知します。 Detailed condition of the salary will be notified individually prior to the 1st interview
Back to top