Sr. Program Manager | Amazon Delivery Experience
- Seattle, WA
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
We are seeking a Senior Program Management Leader to be part of a startup product team innovating end-to-end shopping experiences. You'll be accountable for the design and strategy of multiple shopping products. This is a highly visible position that requires influencing across multiple teams, businesses, and big leaders. The role requires a deep understanding of customer needs and thinking big about how we can make the customer shopping experience across online and in-store retail seamless and delightful.
You have a track record of exceptional performance and love working in a dynamic, ambiguous, fast-paced environment in which managing multiple projects and priorities is the norm. You dive deep and like the complexity of systems but drive simple, innovative solutions for customer-facing experiences. You have excellent judgment and high standards. You are an articulate, persuasive communicator and a good writer. People trust and respect you and they like to work with you. You are eager to pioneer new experiences, putting the customer first and challenging current experiences.
• Think big about the needs of our customer and internal users. Drive innovative, smart products from end-to-end that will delight the customer and improve our business
• With input from business stakeholders, develop business and product requirements, prioritize needs, and manage milestones and overall roadmap. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Approach complex business problems, aligning divergent stakeholder teams to a common plan
• Work closely with technical teams to understand root causes of customer pain points and drive the right solutions to exceed customer expectations
• Resolve customer impacting issues with technology teams. Work closely with software development teams and partner organizations to lead product feature launches
• Manage complexity and resources by systematically prioritizing multiple streams of work
• Continuously test and learn, leveraging data to drive decision-making
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing or related field is required
• 8+ years professional experience in program management in a consumer- facing or technology role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven track record of designing and delivering product requirements and roadmaps.
• Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems, showing a track record of making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
• Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization
• Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly products and customer-facing features.
• Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
• Experience with mobile product management or product management of software-based experiences
• Experience with online and physical retail product development
• Can deliver results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
• Exceptional stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional, cross-organization teams to negotiate and assemble project plans, secure commitments on deliverables, and resolve blocking issues.
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top