Advertising is one of Amazon's fastest growing and most inventive businesses. Advertising products help customers discover anything they want to buy. Advertiser Support & Operations ensures that Advertisers have the education and support they need to confidently and effectively create ads that grow their business. Our team speaks to Advertisers every day and has deep knowledge on what barriers they face in working with Amazon. The Sr. PM will systematically identify these friction areas and collaborate with partner teams to make improvements that make it even easy to do business with us.
The Sr. PMs responsibilities include:
• Partner with business intelligence and analysts to quantify pain points in contact data and build reliable reporting.
• Deep dive into support cases to deeply understand the friction users experience.
• Use strong judgement to make recommendations for product improvements.
• Develop partnerships with teams who build applications for Advertisers and influence their roadmaps.
• Create mechanisms to ensure internal stakeholders are improving their workflows.
• Measure impacts of projects.
You are a great candidate for this role if you are both analytical and influential. In the role, you will have the opportunity to both learn all about Advertising products, but network across all product teams on behalf of your customer.
• Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
• Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
• 5+ years experience in program or project management or 3+ years of experience with an MBA
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• 5+ years experience delivering cross functional projects or 3+ years of experience with an MBA
• Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
• Experience defining and executing against program requirements
• Experience in process improvement
• Demonstrated experience using operational excellence tools
• MBA or other related Master's degree
• Experience working with global, virtual teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.