Sr. Program Manager - ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System)
- Cambridge, MA
At Amazon we seek to be Earths most customer centric company. Every day, millions of customers rely on Amazon to give them access to one of the world's largest selections of consumer goods. To continue to delight and exceed our customer's expectations, at Amazon, we take the quality of our catalog very seriously. The Retail Business Service (RBS) team is responsible to ensure information in Amazon's catalogs is accurate, complete and comprehensive enough to give our customers a great shopping experience every time.
The Central ACES team (CAT) in RBS owns the culture and delivery of continuous innovation. In order to achieve this the CAT has established several programs that help our BUs to drive Kaizens and DMAIC projects. In addition we also have established our own Green Belt and Black Belt certification programs. We are looking for an expert of Lean Six Sigma, program management and innovation, who thrives in ambiguity and change, has a passion for data based analysis, and who is passionate about customer experience to be part of this team and to lead these initiatives. The person in this role will champion scalable and sustainable methods of problem solving and will solve problems that require use of data collection and analysis. This role will also be responsible to promote the culture of ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System).
• Project identification and prioritization: Facilitates the Identification of Kaizen opportunities by evaluation of current process performance and seeking inputs from stakeholders. Prioritizes kaizens across programs to improve metric performance of CTQs
• Review, Mentor and Own: Mentors improvement projects which are prioritized for execution (JDIs, Kaizens, DMAIC). May conduct tollgate reviews at a defined frequency to check status of solution against the timelines. Ensures & shares project milestone status through regular updates to senior management
• Benefit Quantification: Quantify or support quantification of potential and realized benefits from projects in terms of $ savings (ROI) and/or Metric improvements, obtain sign-off.
• Learning & Development: Development and implementation of training program(s) on statistics, analytics and Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and application tools / techniques. Facilitating, training, and coaching team members in the use of quality & statistical tools /techniques.
• Collaboration: Partners with (advises and supports) BU Leaders, STLs, Operation managers in identifying, defining and executing various process improvement projects. Support process improvements, best practice sharing, and standardization across all RBS Teams.
• Results & Accountability: Strong commitment towards goals and drives complex projects with a focus on improving Cost, Quality and/or Customer experience. Delivers OPEX efficiency gains which lead to quantified $ value saving impacting the bottom-line.
• Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from a reputed institute or organization
• 10+ years' experience in driving continuous improvement using Lean Six Sigma methods
• Experience of having developed and managed training program related to Lean Six Sigma methods.
• Demonstrated ability in leading cross functional, global complex projects
• Prior experience on training on Lean Six Sigma or Quality tools/techniques
• Prior experience on working with statistical tools like JMP, Minitab etc.
• Ability to interpret, analyze, and understand complex data sets
• Certified Master Black Belt from a reputed institute or organization
• Has led responsibilities of establishing knowledge management practices
• Is comfortable to work with technology
• Certified in Program Management
Back to top