Are you interested in driving global programs with a direct impact on the bottom line that touch every part of Amazon, from retail to Alexa, AWS and physical stores? In this high visibility role, you'll own programs centered on new and expanding payment methods across all the business and regions Amazon operates in. This role sits in a fast-growing marketing organization, where you will work cross-functionally with experienced marketers in building scalable programs around Amazon's marketing capabilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically, 1) Developing program vision and roadmap, 2) executing against that roadmap, 3) working cross-functionally with tech teams, marketing teams, business leaders and regional stakeholders around the world.
The ideal candidate in this highly visible role will be will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and a passionate leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results under aggressive timelines.
The right candidate must be an effective collaborator and strong communicator to work with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You will develop, propose, and sell new ideas, strategies, and conceptsand guide those projects to completion. In this role you will be expected to flex both your analytical and creative muscles. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level.
• Building and executing a program roadmap.
• Manage and report out on projects, status, and work with teams to remove any project blockers.
• Develop metrics, goals and KPIs to measure and track business results.
• Own regular program and business reviews with leadership and operational teams to audit ongoing performance against key metrics and program goal.
• Engage with international teams to help them drive global successes.
• Lead cross functional coordination and alignment
• Identify best practices and develop SOPs
• Provide insights and recommendations to business leaders and influence overall strategy and product roadmaps
• Have a deep understanding of the customer, with obsessive understanding of new trends, and opportunities.
• 5+ years of experience program/project/product management with a track record of delivering against complex initiatives
• Experience owning program strategy and end to end delivery
• Demonstrated experience leading and influencing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Excel at cross-group collaborating, creative thinking, problem solving and have strong bias for action
• Experience building and growing relationships with internal and external partners
• Proficiency in HTML, SQL, Excel - plus the ability to learn our in-house tools and systems
• MBA and 7+ years' experience in program/product/project management
• Familiarity with marketing and advertising, or experience driving projects in that area
• Experience marketing payment methods and/or financial services products.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and constantly changing environment.
• Proactive attitude, natural curiosity, and willingness to roll up sleeves to achieve goals and deliver great experiences for customers.
• Demonstrated experience of thinking creatively, taking the initiative and constructively advocating on behalf of clients and/or customers