Sr. Program Manager
- Nashville, TN
Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Transportation Services. These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
• A completed Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline from an accredited university
• 8+ years of project management experience
• Basic knowledge of core internet/networking concepts
• Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
• PMP Certification
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
• Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
• Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
• Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels and serve as a role model for teamwork.
• Experience with budgeting and financial projects
• Ability to escalate problems for any technical support needed for resolution of problems
• Experience communicating across organizational structures and multiple management levels
• Experience facilitating collaboration across multiple functions, departments and levels
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, and Clarity PPM
• Ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity, and work independently with 2+ engineering team(s) to successfully deliver cross-functional pilot projects (from inception to completion) that are of a high quality (e.g., secure, testable, maintainable, low-defects, etc.).
• Deep understanding for network infrastructure, wireless architecture and demonstrated competence in the underlying services that run our facilities.
• Demonstrated ability to manage the scope of engineering efforts under control and accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, identifying and clearing blockers, and escalating appropriately.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top