Sr. Program Manager
Amazon's Transportation team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to help develop a world class transportation network that delivers our freight on time and at the best possible cost. Our team's objective is to design and implement routing solutions for freight flowing through and between our North American fulfillment centers. This position will lead in the development and execution of new transportation initiatives designed to improve overall efficiency and to meet the every growing demand for transportation capacity. In addition this position will be an integral member of the line haul scheduling team responsible for the scheduling and management of all Amazon line haul movements.
The primary role of a Senior Program Manager within Amazon is to address business challenges through building a compelling case, influencing across the organization, and delivering with tenacity. Sr. Program Managers are given responsibility on their first day to own those business challenges and the autonomy to think strategically and make data driven decisions. You will be driving efforts with a significant impact to the customer experience and the business.
- Manage the weekly creation and daily management of the line haul schedule and associated systems
- Work with forecasting team to drive improvement of the base forecast
- Manage and perform ongoing analysis to work with appropriate teams to develop and improve scheduling methodologies and systems
- Manage and improve scheduling metrics to identify trends and shortcomings and drive scheduling accuracy
- Utilize knowledge and experience to create schedules to help facilitate Amazon's fulfillment while considering the carriers logistics requirements.
- Facilitate communication and coordination different teams (S&OP, FCs, Final Mile, Carrier Management) and coordinate the creation of a schedule that meets all stakeholder's expectations and concerns
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Statistics, Finance or related industry experience or 2+ years Amazon work experience
- 5+ years of Logistics/Supply Chain, Transportation Planning/Forecasting, Production Scheduling, Procurement, or related field.
- Strong analytical skills including SQL, R, Python, and advanced Excel, with the ability to pull data and use to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- 5+ years of designing exception based reports including metrics and KPI tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to think big and influence across all levels of management, peers and clientele
- Ability to forecast, plan and schedule in a production or transportation environment.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in a sometimes ambiguous environment with little guidance or supervision
- Ability to manage a high-volume critical workload while remaining flexible, positive and professional
- MBA or Masters of Science in Supply Chain Engineering, Transportation, or other Operations disciplines; or equivalent Masters level degree preferred
- Experience working with a 3PL provider or TL carrier
- Working knowledge or certification in Six Sigma or Lean Engineering principles
- Project Management experience, preferably leading technical projects
- Excellent customer service skills in the areas of: problem-solving, task prioritization and follow-up.
- Ability to work well in a team environment; collaborate with internal and external resources in order to gain credibility with senior management.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top