Sr. Program Manager
- New York, NY
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
If you have relentless desire to drive process improvement and motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed associates and team leads, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, we have the career you're looking for!
The Partner Solutions and Support (PSAS) Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) Program Manager supports, coordinates and facilitates structured process improvement activities aligned to our business goals. He or she fosters a culture of continuous improvement, providing thought leadership to and influencing change at all levels in the organization. This role reports to the ACES Sr. Manager, working closely with the WW PSAS ACES team as well as all levels of management within the organization. The role manages the portfolio of continuous improvement projects focused on delivering results to Selling Partner Risk Operations' quality and efficiency goals.
The successful candidate for this role will be a fast, clear and independent thinker who is naturally curious about how things work, is metrics and number savvy, has an analytical mindset and has demonstrated leadership ability. This person will need an ability to see the big picture/whole system and execute on grass root level to improve the overall network. Additionally, they are never satisfied with the status quo, can show success in following-up and getting things done and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric and ever changing Customer Service environment.
• Facilitates the execution of the WW PSAS ACES strategy through program teams, local site management and support teams.
• Leads and supports process improvement projects at the network level that have a global impact.
• Coaches and trains management, SPRO Investigators, SPS Associates and project teams on ACES concepts and methodologies.
• Performs quantitative analysis of key process indicators to identify opportunities for process improvement.
• Demonstrates discretion in coordination of project scoping and selection to align with business objectives.
• Oversees site project portfolio, assisting Kaizen Promotion Officers and individual project managers and program managers with execution and delivery of results.
• Audits completed projects to verify sustained impact and partners with Financial Controller to validate impact.
• Communicates across all levels on project and program progress.
• Facilitates and participates in meetings as necessary to facilitate growth and network-wide parity.
• Manages and develops direct reports as appropriate.
• Performs general duties to support and improve the PSAS ACES program locally and globally as part of WW PSAS ACES
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree [external only]
• Should be Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
• Should have completed atleast 10 BB projects as Project manager and mentored GB projects
• Minimum of 10 years' experience driving improvements through the direct application of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools and concepts.
• Continuous Improvement Project management experience.
• Experience in or demonstrated ability to lead people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels
• Experience communicating and presenting to groups
• Analytical background - 7 Quality tools, SPC, Hypothesis Testing, Regression Analysis
• Experience in leading large scale projects/programs
• Experience managing a project portfolio.
• SQL, SharePoint, Excel, Power Point, Word and a statistical package (e.g. JMP or Minitab)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction.
• Experience directly managing people across multiple locations
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top