Sr. Program Manager
- Philadelphia, PA
Amazon Worldwide Operations is looking for Program Managers with a strong delivery record and proven project management experience to own strategic, tactical, cross-functional and technology projects and programs within Amazon Logistics (AMZL). These roles require scoping and creating project plans, developing processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating to senior management on status, risks and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
We are seeking a Senior Program Manager who will be focused on the solutions targeted to minimize delivery defects and improve delivery speed to Customer in emerging regions. This role will work with other PMs and stakeholders to define requirements, assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects.
Successful candidates will need to be able to influence and work with senior leaders across multiple organizations, and demonstrate experience balancing customer research, data analysis, project and stakeholder management, and internal/external communication. You must have sound business judgment and the ability to think strategically about this fast growing business, while being able to execute on tactical details.
• Collect use cases / requirements, design process solutions, analyze cost/benefit, deliver on-time solutions, and communicate results throughout the organization.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders including field operations, product/tech development teams, and quality teams to implement solutions and meet the defined program standards.
• Prioritize and make trade-off decisions balancing customer experience and business value.
• Own reporting on the state of initiatives, measure improvements and impact of changes, and use data to deep-dive into issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
• Establish mechanisms to audit and perform necessary course corrections where needed to meet business objectives.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited university
• 5+ years of global program/project management experience, delivering on large scale and cross-functional programs in support of business goals
• 3+ years of experience in logistics / transportation industry
• Analytical and quantitative experience with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Experience of implementing large scale of tech products/programs
• Master degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Supply Chain/Operations or similar discipline.
• Leadership role of a team providing day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
• The ability to thrive in a high-energy environment where strategic and tactical activities are expected to be driven in parallel
• The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across cross-matrix organization
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple / competing priorities simultaneously
• Able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Excellent business judgment and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top