Sr. Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. Our team provides strategic support to the CFO and senior leadership on enterprise-wide planning, analysis, and reporting. As the central place the entire company looks to for an understanding of Financial performance, we play a major role in driving business decisions.
We are in need of a proven self-starter to support Corporate FP&A's Finance Relationship Management (FRM) team. The FRM team is responsible for the direction of several key finance activities: month-end and quarter-end close, planning cycles and processes, and company-wide goals review. We also support automation work on behalf of stakeholders, including enhancements to business-specific planning and reporting tools. We are continuing to grow and require additional project management support to drive scalable mechanisms to support our stakeholders around the world. This role requires navigating through a large amount of ambiguity and driving consensus between cross-functional stakeholder groups. You will be responsible for driving impactful programs that improve the effectiveness of Amazon's business teams. Specifically, we need your help to prioritize business needs, provide support during the planning process, manage special projects (long-term and short-term), and drive solutions and process improvements that benefit our internal customers.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. To be successful you must be able to dig into seemingly complex business problems, challenge the status quo, and show bias towards using data to simplify the user experience. At the heart of the role, you are a program manager which means you think strategically, can influence without direct authority, and enjoy the process of bringing solutions to life. Successful candidates will have experience with project management in a broad, global organization, have experience working with a variety of cross-organizational stakeholders, and be able to juggle competing priorities. This candidate must have crisp communication skills, and have experience communicating project status and updates across a global audience. We are looking for someone who is detail-driven, and has excellent problem solving and communication abilities. Ability to navigate ambiguous programs and a high bias for action are a must.
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Bachelor's Degree
• Proven cross-functional and international project management experience, handling complex change initiatives
• Proven capability with MS Word, Excel, and SharePoint
• Experience working with a complex set of internal stakeholders, often with competing priorities
• Experience driving projects that have a global impact
• Experience with Financial Statements (P&L, BS, CF), Budgeting/Forecasting, and Accounting
• Experience with Financial Reporting, Planning, or Forecasting software systems
• Experience with Training and Testing
• Proven ability to succeed in cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
• Proficient oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communications to various levels of management including precise and effective customer communications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top