Sr. Program Manager
- United States
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we're constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. Come join the team and help us make history!
At Amazon Logistics, we are building a world class last mile operation through Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors - called delivery partners - to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages. Amazon Flex is powered by a mobile app that works in concert with our advanced logistics systems that allows delivery partners to on-board, schedule delivery times, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. The approach and technology are nothing short of disruptive, and promise to challenge traditional approaches, and change the way the industry operates.
As a Sr. Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing Service Level Standards (SLS) for one of the programs we support. In this role, you will be key in maintaining program quality and delivering exceptional customer experiences. You will help build reporting mechanisms, identify opportunities, establish mitigation processes, respond to executive escalations, and work with cross-functional partners to communicate issues and progress. Good judgement, strong analytics competency, and excellent writing skills are essential.
• Manage full lifecycle of complex cross-functional programs with considerable impact across multiple organizations
• Development of the overall program strategy, tactically driving teams in and outside of your organization to deliver
• Define the program (mission, vision, tenets), set objectives, analyze data and drive improvements that are quantified with metrics
• Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, automation limitations, scaling factors, boundary conditions and reasons behind leadership decisions
• Partner with teams across the business you support and beyond to source, allocate, and coordinate resources
• Partner with customers, internal/external teams, and engineering teams to determine what projects move forward and in what priority order
• Oversee gaps between teams, processes and systems, helping teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood or documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from third-party solutions, security not considered, insufficient stakeholder review, etc.)
• Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks (before they become roadblocks)
• Work with program managers, business leaders and executive team to communicate and impact critical business initiatives
• Develop, implement, and govern KPI reporting for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the milestones, and performance across all projects
• Engage other Amazon business units globally to share best practices and improve end to end outcomes for Amazon customers
• Roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
• Create, communicate, and manage budget for projects
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Transportation Logistics, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in program management, logistics, operations, supply chain, or transportation or equivalent professional or military experience
• Demonstrated experience leading and owning cross-functional programs
• Demonstrated experience owning the design, implementation, and optimization of initiatives
• Experience with data mining and data analysis
• Experience using Microsoft Excel including pivot tables, macros, index/match, vlookup, VBA, data links, etc.
• Experience with analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, or Microsoft Access
• MBA/MS and work experience in dedicated project management highly desired
• Practical application of program management methodology including PMP/Lean Six Sigma/Kaizen
• Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as SQL, Tableau, MS Excel, or Microsoft Access
• Demonstrated ability working in an ambiguous environment
• Experience handling changing priorities and using good judgment when working in stressful situations
• Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic, and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
• Proven ability to influence internal/external stakeholders without authority to adopt new processes/initiatives
• Executive level written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated success in thinking strategically and executing methodically
• Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Demonstrated experience communicating data insights to others, including use of data visualization tools
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business and the competitive landscape
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top