Sr. Program Manager
- Bellevue, WA
Do you want to be part of building the next-gen engineering system, global transportation network, intelligent ML routing algorithms and deliver packages to your doorstep? Are you up for this challenge? We are looking for top notch Program Manager to be part of Middle Mile simulation team.
Amazon's Middle Mile Transportation Technology team is chartered with building complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Oh, and we will need great leaders too (this is where you come in ... read on)
As part of this team you would work on program management for end-to-end simulation environment, provide customers with experimentation platform and generate ideas, and validate entitlement based on true production behavior. You will regularly interact with executive leadership and work with business teams to define product strategy, develop the product development roadmap, and drive execution. You'll work in a fast-paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains. As a multi-discipline leader, the buck will stop with you - you will work as part of the engineering organization.
• End-to-end ownership of requirements gathering, documentation, planning, and implementation of cost-effective solutions for Amazon transportation network
• Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally across multiple teams in operations, technology and planning to define strategic roadmaps while keeping the impact of the solution to all stakeholders in mind
• Creating and implementing data driven improvements to Amazon's transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products for our customers
• Designing and implementing feedback mechanisms to drive performance and cost improvement in processes
• Ability to deep dive and do root-cause analysis using data, and create metrics-driven, actionable, and sustainable solutions for the future
• Monitor KPI's across nodes and analyze their drivers to determine the level and type of engagement required based on the risk to customer experience and utilization of technology
• Completed Bachelor's degree from an accredited University or equivalent experience
• Must be able to interface at all levels of the organization
• Ability to think quantitatively and qualitatively about operating processes and outcomes
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically to optimize long-term performance
• Work with field teams to design operational requirements and organization structure to support best-in-class multi-use operational execution
• Ability to mine through complex datasets
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills, including the ability to translate large amounts of data into actionable insights
• Experience with Six Sigma/Lean, Operational Excellence Black Belt certification desired
• 5+ years of work experience in Operations, Logistics and/or Supply Chain
• 5+ years of experience in designing transportation solutions
• Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts: forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation.
• Possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top