Sr Program Analyst - Accounting Global Expansions
Amazon's Accounting Global Expansion team has an immediate opening for a Sr. Program Analyst with previous project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, and user acceptance and financial systems testing experience. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various other business and support groups, including IT groups.
The Sr. Program Analyst will work closely with Amazon's global financial systems team, accounting and financial operations teams, tax, treasury, and others to understand the financial impact of new initiatives and provide integrated accounting requirements to the business teams. In addition, the Sr. Program Analyst is a key member supporting cross functional corporate support teams, which partner cross-company with our operational and systems accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate -- through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools and broader company launch tools used to support new initiatives and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
- Work independently to develop and provide financial accounting requirements and assist many other cross-company teams to support Amazon's business teams with the design of new business expansions, products or offerings and set-up of financial systems to ensure appropriate business support and controllership
- Focus on assisting with programs that support cross-company improvements to the expansion model and tools to help projects launch on schedule
- Foster constructive and pro-active communication across organizational boundaries, including communicating with and leading cross-functional teams
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels by demonstrating exceptional judgment in decision making, often in high pressure situations
- Create, maintain and disseminate project and program status, roadmaps, and documentation to stakeholders and develop a deep understanding of the end users' needs and incorporate that understanding into the work product
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Provide project task and issue management, working cross functionally to transition new processes and/or permanent solutions to support month-end general ledger close activities.
- Coordinate with the Worldwide accounting teams to ensure strong communication and new business launches and best practices are identified, implemented and followed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- 7+ years' experience, previous Accounting or Program Coordination experience
- Proven technical experience with various systems to include ERP systems
- MBA with technology/finance/accounting background preferred
- Experience with Oracle's E-Business suite for global financial applications
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts, project management, and process design
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize tasks
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Results oriented person with a strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top