Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services with strategic initiatives at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)?
The Senior Program Account Manager will be a key leader of the team responsible for providing strategic business leadership and creative direction and will work to drive the adoption of the most cutting-edge and transformational capabilities enabled by the world's best-in-class technologies. You will develop, build, and execute on strategy to establish deep relationships with the customer from the C-suite to the Directors; serve as a trusted advisor and thought leader to our customer; create, develop, and manage business opportunities; and influence a large team of extended resources.
The successful candidate has a desire to innovate, collaborate and invent with customers in the construct of a strategic relationship. This will require knowledge of cloud, a strong background in working closely with C-level executives, and a track record of achieving large, complex, long-term and measurably successful outcomes. The successful candidate has the demonstrated ability to earn trust with, and influence, CEOs and Boards of Directors with their company's largest accounts. S/he will develop trusted relationships with other C-suite executives, such as the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Information Officer, and other CXO roles. In our rapidly growing, fast-paced environment, our client leaders think strategically and analytically about business, product, sales, and technical challenges. They leverage creativity to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to foster alignment and eliminate obstacles. They partner closely with our leadership team and drive on large, complex opportunities at all stages of the business, technical, and sales cycle, while shaping partnerships to best meet the needs of our customers. S/he has demonstrated high judgment decision-making, creative problem solving, and thinking big. S/he has a proven ability to keep pace in a rapidly changing environment, which requires prioritization, constant learning, juggling multiple responsibilities at once, and taking calculated risks, in the midst of high velocity and extensive ambiguity. S/he is a thought leader and exceptional communicator and passionate about our customers and enabling their mission through a world-class experience with the AWS team.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This role involves 35-50% travel.
• 10+ years of enterprise technical sales experience with CXOs from enterprise Federal Government agencies to include software, hardware, networking infrastructure, managed hosting services or cloud computing services.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with NASA with existing executive level relationships.
• Customer network throughout NASA.
• Keen understanding of key trends in technology-enabled solutions relating to organizational and industry transformation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
• Leadership skills are key, with demonstrated thought leadership, exceptional verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
• Analytical and data-driven, and ability to demonstrate balanced strategy, planning, and execution skills.
• Previous experience with AWS products and services.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us