Sr. Production Finance Executive, Original Movies
- Santa Monica, CA
Amazon Studios which is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com and is seeking a Sr. Production Finance Executive to join the Finance Team overseeing the Original Movies division. Our movies include THE AERONAUTS, THE BIG SICK, and SUBSEQUENT BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM. This position will support the production finance and the other studios operation teams of our fast growing studios production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of the production accounting and production finance functions for our Original Movies.
The successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review. This position will team with the operating businesses to develop industry leading processes with respect to studio production finance. This position will also own the ownership of vetting, hiring and managing the Production Accounting teams that work on our projects.
The candidate must operate successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
The role requires a self-starter, who is able to work effectively autonomously and drive projects with the team and cross-functionally with other teams including Creative, Development, Production, Legal and Business Affairs, Finance and Accounting. The ideal candidate will understand the television and original production business and be able to liaise between the Amazon business teams and production personnel.
• Serve as main point of contact between multiple original movie productions and Amazon Studios finance team.
• Implement industry best accounting practices for the studio project portfolio.
• Vet and hire talented production accounting teams with the skill set to provide the highest level of production accounting support on shows that are both ambitious and complex.
• Work with show accountants on a day to day basis to drive accurate, complete and timely cost reporting, protecting and managing show assets and supporting production.
• Review production budgets, cost reports, trial balances and petty cash reconciliations prepared by show accountants.
• Document key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Collaborate with Line Producers, Production Managers, Production Accounting Staff and the Amazon Production team to prepare all financial reports, ensure proper reconciliation of accounts, and ensure production's cash flow and payment needs are met.
• Manage production incentive workflow and ensure receipt of tax credits or cash.
• Manage cash flow and funding processes.
• Create and drive innovative solutions that will enable the finance org to maintain effective controllership in a high growth business.
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.
• 10+ years of experience in finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a significant portion in the film and television production industry.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: EP Smart Accounting, Vista, PSL, MediaWeb, and Greenslate.
• Experience managing large scale teams of production accountants.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently and team up with various divisions.
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines.
• Experience implementing and improving business process and systems.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Back to top