Sr. Product Safety & Compliance Manager, Softlines Private Brands
- Sydney, Australia
Private Brands Product Safety and Compliance (PBPSC) is looking for a driven individual to join the Softlines Private Brands (SPB) team as a Compliance Manager. It is a challenging position that provides Product Safety and Compliance support to SPB across all its product categories. The position will be located in Bangalore, India and is responsible for Program Management and Protocol & Process Development in the area of Product Safety & Compliance to ensure that the relevant safety and regulatory attributes are met for all products shipped to SPB. This position will also be leading projects across cross functional teams to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the ongoing programs in the domain. We are looking for a talented and experienced Product Safety & Compliance expert who has Softlines Retail and Regulatory Compliance knowledge, can work cross functionally and across regions.
The Compliance Manager will be an integral part of our Softlines Private Brands Sourcing team, serving as the project manager between the Sourcing and the Supplier teams driving adherence to protocols and improving processes along the way. In addition, the Compliance Manager takes ownership of third party lab relationships and manages the liaison with the parent PBPSC organization. The role will need managing a large vendor base, requiring a high level of project management and communication skills. It will also require deft handling of a large portfolio of products on tight deadlines and navigate the inevitable production issues that arise with the many internal and external stakeholders. There will be a need to represent Amazon interests with suppliers, third party labs and factories as well as being pragmatic about timeline requirements and conduct this in a way that earns trust with all stakeholders.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel
• Strong business process improvement skills
• Excellent business judgment, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
• Previous experience in retail consumer space: toys and baby products, textiles or other fast-paced, technology driven businesses a strong plus.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offer solutions.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• Strong initiative and follow-through skills.
Key Competencies: A-Z process ownership; deals well with ambiguity, functions well and is able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations; comfortable with following up on actions from others and closing the loop.
• Graduate degree in Chemistry, Engineering or any Scientific discipline preferred
• Strong knowledge of worldwide safety & compliance requirements, product compliance processes and their interplay with global supply chains
• Strong knowledge of product quality and product development processes in the apparel, footwear and accessories industries
• At least 15 year experience in the relevant field in goods manufacturing or a brand/retail buying organization or a product testing lab
• Process and data oriented
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Proven ability to influence cross functional teams without formal authority
• Project management experience
• Fluent in English; excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
• Out of the box thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be able to use Excel, Word and other common desktop software applications. Must also be comfortable learning web applications and proprietary software
Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Passport and a Visa for travel essentials of the job
Back to top