Sr. Product Mgr – Technical
We're looking for an entrepreneurial leader to manage a high-profile initiative to develop and deploy innovative advertising monetization strategies across different organizations within Amazon. This is a leadership position that requires a high bias for action, a willingness to dive deep, and an ability to earn trust within the advertising, marketplace, and consumer marketing organizations. You will collaborate closely with engineering, data science, and economists to define, research, and evaluate the progress and success of these efforts. This is a high impact position that requires vision and initiative, as well as technical depth and analytical rigor. With this project, subtle changes can have material impacts on Amazon's bottom line, and you will be responsible for driving significant company-wide financial gains. As part of the role, you will also prepare and present regular program updates to senior management and seek input for process improvement.
You will dive deep into operating metrics, mine data, assess results, and help senior leaders make key business decisions. This role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions and data engineering practices as well as outstanding business acumen and ability to work with multiple teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Hire and grow a team of motivated analysts
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Collaborate closely with numerous stakeholders throughout Amazon to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards and tools to drive key business decisions
- Collaborate with other analytics/platform teams, define engagement models and set processes for analytics prioritization
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management.
- 7+ Years of project / program management
- 5+ years of experience leading project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Proven track record of achieving insight through analytic or quantitative methods
- Track record of delivering programmatic goals and managing complex projects.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives
- Excellent planning and execution skills. Meticulous and methodical, detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to dive deep and ask the right questions.
- MBA or Masters degree/Phd in an analytical field
- Demonstrated ability to build quantitative models and structured problem solving
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top