Sr. Product Mgr - Tech. ECS
- Seattle, WA
Amazon ECS is looking for an experienced leader to help us define product strategy for our container orchestration service and accelerate adoption of containers in the cloud.
On the ECS team, you get to develop features that impacts thousands of users and customers both internally and externally - not many teams can say that! You will define product requirements, go-to-market strategy, and solve the needs of our customers. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our customers, partners, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and lead the definition of new capabilities through well-documented customer needs in PR/FAQs.
To be successful in this role, you are motivated to take on challenging problems, display good business judgment, and demonstrate experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and effectively, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and you should be customer-focused with a passion for containers and cloud technology. Past experience in the containers and developer tools ecosystem, is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Defining products by working backwards from the needs of different customer segments / jobs-to-be-done
• Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Establishing goals and metrics and product usage data to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Leading user research to identify new opportunities to innovate on behalf of our customers
• Launching the vision, product strategy and road map for our products and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, international site leaders, etc.
• Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, SAs, and the partner teams have what they need to be successful
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience and Amazon tenures, and we are building an environment that celebrated knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our experienced PMs enjoy mentoring more junior PMs through one-on-one mentoring and document reviews.
We're happy to offer a flexible schedule, based on your needs and the needs of the team, so that you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 5+ years of product management experience in a technology company
• Experience working with go-to-market strategy development and execution teams to bring new services to market
• Experience leading customer meetings to synthesize features requirements
• Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline such as computer science, computer systems, math, information technology, or similar
• MBA or similar experience.
• Experience in public cloud computing or with a major enterprise software or infrastructure provider
• The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of the engineering team
• A growth mindset with a self-starter attitude
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Superior analytical skills, including self-serving data from a data warehouse and manipulating it towards insights
• Experience with financial modeling & pricing complex technology products
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top