Sr. Product Marketing Manager
At Amazon we continually look for opportunities to invent on behalf of our customers helping them to find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. To this end we are building a range of advertising products that enhance customer experience and are integrated with our core eCommerce experience. We launched our first advertising program in 2006 and since then have built a portfolio of advertising products across ten countries enabling advertisers to reach customers on Amazon sites, mobile web and apps, on the Fire tablet and TV, and on thousands of external publishers via our web and mobile ad network. We've developed products that demonstrate Amazon's strength as a world class eCommerce and branding platform and integrated advertising into the shopping experience from first discovery to purchase.
The future of our business is compelling, and we are focused on building a robust, innovative business enabling advertisers of all sizes to engage with customers in relevant and engaging ways. Our products range from eCommerce ads that integrate the power of familiar shopping features to visually stunning Fire tablet screensavers. We can reach customers on Amazon properties both on desktop and mobile, and across our ad platform. We are able to deliver solutions that range from always on products and search advertising to highly customized campaigns.
While the growth and diversification of our business constantly brings new challenges, we are also uniquely positioned to reach customers across many touch-points and understand the customer journey from first discovery to purchase. Our ability to report advertising effectiveness at all stages presents opportunities to deliver unprecedented insights and we are investing in delivering advertisers measurable value with every impression, interaction and campaign.
We are seeking an accomplished, Senior Product Marketing professional to lead go-to-market and positioning for new measurement and insights products as part of our analytics suite. This role will take a leadership position in shaping our overall measurement product portfolio: mapping advertiser goals to new metrics and attribution methodologies and positioning our analytics suite into broader solutions-level offerings. You will work closely with and across Marketing, Product, Sales, Platform, Research, and Training teams to identify gaps in product knowledge for new and evolving measurement solutions and build out strategies and materials to address them. This role requires a data-driven, analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align advertising offerings to advertiser objectives, and consistently adjust based on market conditions and feedback from the field. You will join a rapidly-growing team at an early stage in its development, and have the opportunity to work across a wide range of product lines (digital, mobile, Fire tablet and TV, analytics, targeting) in developing the strategic vision and tactical implementation for our global advertising product roadmap.
Specific functions are as follows:
- Develop and execute go-to-market launch strategies and value propositions for new/emerging measurement and insights products
- Maintain and communicate the global product release roadmap for analytics products
- Drive articulation of product portfolio positioning and value proposition, aligned to advertiser goals as it relates to new metrics and reports
- Align closely with Product Management to influence product roadmap feature prioritization by identifying customer and market needs and conducting product market fit analysis
- Represent advertiser's pain points and interests internally to ensure all stakeholders know and empathize with customer needs and gaps
- Identify internal first-party and 3rd party research needs to support product positioning and go to market
- Lead the productization of analytics and insights, designed to showcase to advertisers the value of our advertising offerings
- Guide the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of Amazon's product portfolio globally
- Evaluate customer and sales awareness and coordinate tactics like training, content and launch messaging to drive increased awareness of advertising solutions that provide a foundation to all other marketing activities
- 5 years' experience in product marketing, product management or product development
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
- Project management experience and fanatical attention to detail
- SQL skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Experience in eCommerce, advertising or technology sector
- Experience working with a fast-paced and geographically diverse Display Sales organization
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development for data and analytics solutions
- An ability to manage and negotiate with vendors to drive maximum efficiency
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Research
- Analytical thinking abilities shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Communication skills and clear customer focus
- Quick decision making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top