Sr. Product Marketing Manager, AWS Managed Services
Do you have a passion for helping customers understand the value that cloud computing can bring to their organizations? Are you the sort of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because there is always something new? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions? Are you one of those rare technologists that is as comfortable working with an engineering team as talking with a journalist? The Amazon Web Services Enterprise Marketing team is hiring a Sr. Product Marketing Manager for AWS Managed Services!
AWS has millions of active customers every month and every imaginable vertical business segment in the enterprise is using AWS in a meaningful way. Every organization will have their own unique reasons to migrate to the AWS Cloud as well as approaches. With AWS Managed Services (AMS), we aim to help customers accelerate their migration efforts to AWS with a highly standardized and consistent outcome. AWS Managed Services provides customers with the ongoing management of AWS infrastructure so they can focus on their applications. By implementing best practices to maintain their infrastructure, AWS Managed Services helps customers reduce operational overhead and risk.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a strong, talented, and passionate product marketing manager to help us build awareness of AMS. The person in this role will have the opportunity to set the stage for how we build momentum for the offering, helping to refine our messaging and defining our go-to-market strategy. If you have rock star content development and messaging skills, as well as love to be "scrappy" and creative, this may be the role for you.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At Amazon Web Services, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our services can help take their applications to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the development of all value propositions, core content, marketing, and go-to-market strategies for AWS Support
- Crafting & developing compelling audience-specific messages and tools (videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.)
- Work with product management and engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages
- Identify and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audiences effectively
- Own Website content and 3rd party Social Media content
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, recruiting, and evangelists to achieve business goals
- Measure and report on marketing activities as well as goals on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven success working directly with customers and internal sales teams to achieve long-term customer value
- Demonstrated leader that can own and drive executive conversations
- Experienced and successful product marketer for infrastructure products
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Independent, self-starter with strong work ethic
- Independent, self-starter that is comfortable working in ambiguity and embraces new challenges
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment where invention and frugality is important
- Enterprise selling experience
- Ability to self-direct, multi-task, and prioritize assignments
- Knowledge of AWS products, services, and cloud computing
- MBA degree
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top