Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Amazon Advertising
- Seattle, WA
Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easierwhoever that customer may be.
In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for large brands, small businesses, agencies, advertising software companies, and publishers. Our ad solutionsincluding sponsored ads, Amazon DSP, audiences, measurement, and video (OTT)/audio solutions leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses connect the dots between marketing strategy, and business results across the customer journey.
We are seeking an accomplished Product Marketing professional to lead development of messaging, positioning, and cross-channel marketing activities for Amazon Advertising's adtech solutions. You will have the opportunity to shape and develop the brand and positioning for this growing suite of products and drive the future vision of how we bring new capabilities to the advertising industry. You will work closely with our core customer segments to develop messaging and marketing plans that drive a shift in perception and sustained awareness and adoption of our ad products. You will have the opportunity to think big, and the role requires that you are not only comfortable with ambiguity, but you relish in it.
This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnership across Brand/Events/Regional Marketing, PR, Product Management, Sales, AdTech Specialists, Research, Training teams, and requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written. This role requires an analytical marketer with a strong sense for methods to align advertising offerings to advertiser objectives, which constantly adjust based on industry trends and feedback from customers. As an owner, you will not only define the product marketing message for new advertising solutions, you will also need to be strong in execution of the development of marketing materials, including development of sales collateral, case studies, thought leadership, blog posts, product videos, web page content, event content, and commission first and third-party research to support your key messages.
Specific functions are as follows:
• Develop year-long marketing strategies to drive awareness, reputation, and demand for a portfolio of advertising solutions tied to key advertiser objectives, including defining the value proposition and messaging frameworks, and drive articulation of product portfolio positioning
• Create compelling sales and marketing materials and programs to drive adoption and understanding of new video ad products
• Drive product adoption globally, and develop recommendations for new growth initiatives
• Work closely with Product Managers to identify needs and sharpen product offerings based on feedback from customers, sales, and competitive offerings
• Build and continually assess competitive offerings to ensure product differentiation and competitiveness
• Identify internal 1st and 3rd party research needs to support product positioning and marketing plans
• Guide the prioritization, development and implementation of case studies and research to communicate the benefits of the Amazon Advertising product portfolio
• Serve as an internal advocate for customer needs; ensure broad awareness of, and empathy for, customer pain points
Note: This role can be based out of Seattle or New York
• 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
• Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
• Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
• Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Subject matter expertise of advertising measurement and analytics solutions
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Computer Science or related discipline
• Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
• Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning and messaging
• Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing materials
• Comfort with diving deep with highly technical products to understand value drivers for customers
• Product marketing experience and fanatical attention to detail
• Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
• Experience in eCommerce, advertising or technology sector
• Experience working with a fast-paced and geographically diverse ad sales organization
• An ability to manage and negotiate with stakeholders to drive maximum efficiency
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
• Entrepreneurial spirit / ability to try different things with minimal direction
• Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing and Research
• Analytical thinking abilities shown to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
• Communication skills and clear customer focus
• Quick decision making abilities demonstrating bias for action under tight timing and pressure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top