Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to lead go-to-market strategy for Alexa and Echo? Are you excited about creating value for millions of customers by leading trans-formative innovation? The Echo/Alexa business is growing and we need a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help drive marketing and sales strategies globally. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The Alexa Marketing team is looking for a dynamic marketing professional to lead the product marketing strategy and go-to-market execution for Echo Smart Speakers and Alexa features. You will work with a cross-functional team that includes product and retail account management, third party OEMs and retailers, finance, PR, site merchandising, and creative design to define, develop, and execute innovative marketing strategies that drive awareness and maximize sales globally. You will lead go-to-market from concept through launch, devise and implement marketing initiatives, and collaborate with product and retail partners to ensure branding, messaging, and device demonstration consistency across all sales channels.
The successful candidate will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of plans, to the brass tacks of execution. She or he will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company. You must have the ability to quickly formulate plans that are deeply backed by data and execute across many work functions simultaneously.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Own global product marketing and go-to-market for a subset of devices and features
• Ideate, develop, and execute unique partner marketing initiatives
• Lead senior-level product and retail partners through complex negotiations
• Develop cross-channel branding and messaging strategies, and ensure execution consistency
• Drive cross-functional go-to-market discussions and actions through launch
• Work with the research team to identify, scope, and execute qualitative and quantitative research
• Use data to ensure the voice of the customer is present in product and marketing decisions, and measure channel and sales effectiveness
• Conduct business and financial analysis regularly to improve the business
• Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years experience in product/retail marketing/partner marketing
• 3+ years of experience in digital/high-tech consumer companies
• Comfort with data and strong analytical rigor
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with all levels of organization
• MBA preferred
• Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; proven ability to think big and influence others
• Self-starter with a bias for action; can make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
• High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Enjoy getting your hands dirty in day-to-day tasks and working in ambiguous environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top