Sr Product Marketer, Outbound Program Management
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you excited about innovating for a billion+ dollar business? Are you an innovation leader who likes to use technology to improve the customer experience? Join us to make a real life-changing difference to how Japanese customers shop online. Over the past 20 years, Amazon has invented on behalf of the consumer and has become the largest internet retailer and marketplace in the world with over $200 billion in revenues globally. Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the Japan customer and is looking for a strong leader who shares our vision of delivering the best shopping experience for customers in Japan.
At Amazon, we aim to become Earth's most Customer-Centric Company and continue to innovate the way we engage with our customers through various marketing programs. Two critical missions of the Prime and Consumer Marketing team in Japan are 1) to drive traffic and innovate marketing programs to make Amazon the ultimate shopping and entertainment destination for customers in Japan and 2) to provide the best-in-class customer experience with highly personalized and engaging marketing programs to help our customers make purchasing decisions.
Manager, Outbound Program Management plays a critical role in realizing both missions by creating and leading the most strategic program innovations to drive scalable growth of Outbound marketing programs including Emails, Push Notification, SMS (to be developed) and other communications with customers.
Specifically, this role will identify JP customer needs in Outbound, drive program improvements that answer such needs, identify key tooling and platform product improvement opportunities that would better serve the JP customer and drive product improvements with the WW Outbound product and engineering teams located in Seattle.
We are looking for a seasoned digital marketing leader who is willing to wear different hats and lead marketing program innovations, someone who can think big while also diving deep and who is not afraid of rolling up the sleeves and getting deep into the exciting details of making step-change innovations happen. We are also looking for a fearless thought leader and innovator who enjoys solving complex business problems and driving measurable results.
This role has direct management responsibilities with one direct report.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identify key customer pain points and business opportunities for Amazon's Outbound channel marketing in JP with razor-sharp awareness of the competitor landscape
• Identify key improvement opportunities in the Outbound program through a combination of market research, internal data analysis and experimentation design
• Develop and continuously enrich a robust Outbound marketing program strategy that holistically create the best-in-class customer experience for JP, with the ability to scale and automate
• Drive roadmap prioritization negotiation with WW Outbound product and engineering team located in Seattle to continue raising the bar of the Outbound tooling and platform that better serve the JP customer
• Drive integrated marketing plan in Outbound to support signature shopping moments in Amazon JP, including but not limited to Prime Day, Black Friday/Cyber Monday, New Years, etc.
• Improve the Outbound bar raiser program in JP to build a scalable program with high quality and speed to market
• Partner closely with JP Consumer Behavior Analytics team in planning, designing, executing and assessing various experiments to optimize total Outbound performance
• Partner closely with international stakeholders, share and learn worldwide best practices and create synergy between marketplaces with similar needs to JP; effectively seek prioritization and alignment when we have dependency on central Outbound infrastructure/platforms
• Drive and own WBR, QBR and other forums to continue measure and improve health of the Outbound channel and identify opportunities to better serve the JP customer
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• 5+ years experience leading digital marketing programs including program design, execution, reporting and optimization
• Deep knowledge of the Japan e-Commerce industry and strong passion to make Japanese customers happy with proven track record of driving marketing programs to successfully satisfy customer needs
• Bias for action with Day One mentality to seize business opportunities and act fast
• Ability to dive deep with hands-on analysis and program execution; strong commitment to delivering results
• Proven track record of strong ownership proactively identifying program gaps, proposing and driving improvements; ability to innovate marketing programs on behalf of customers
• Passion for scientific decision making via quantitative/qualitative analysis and ability to turn analysis into actions
• Business level English (verbal and writing) to collaborate with international stakeholders
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver result in loosely defined situations.
• Experience managing people and building teams
• An MBA or equivalent masters degree is a plus
• Business level Japanese (verbal and writing) to collaborate with Japan retail stakeholders
Back to top