Sr. Product Manager-Technical
- Perth, Australia
OpsTech IT organization, with an unparalleled scope, is part of the Amazon's WW Operations & Robotics team. We design, deploy and support IT infrastructure, devices and Services across Amazon's Global Fulfillment Centers, Transportation (Middle Mile, Last Mile & Logistics), and Specialty Customer Solutions (Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, Lockers, Pantry, Campus, and Prime Air). Our customers range from Amazon lockers to Amazon's Air Hubs.
Ops Tech IT Product Management (OTIP) owns, defines, and operationalizes products and programs to deliver highly reliable IT infrastructure and world class IT support, with the direct objective to bend down the HC gearing ratio, improve service delivery speed, and drive new innovations for customers. OTIP establishes, practices, and enforces Ops Tech IT's product development life cycle. The team supports global operations customers (first, middle, last mile) and internal teams.
We are seeking a seasoned technical product manager to own the technical roadmap of We are seeking a seasoned technical product manager to own the technical roadmap for a variety of product solutions that we are developing which caters to numerous problem spaces such as AVOC (Amazon Vision Operations Center), Supply Chain, Wireless Network and Device solutions.
In this role, you will partner with strong technical leaders to drive the long-term vision through development of vision documents, definition of business requirements, launch and post-launch measurement. You will also serve as a key player with partner teams across the company, working to align interests and implement scalable solutions. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr. PM-T, you will lead high-impact projects, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Bachelor's Degree in finance/management/supply chain/economics/industrial engineering or related field
• 5+ years of experience in product management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MBA or Master's Degree in a related field.
• Excellent customer experience intuition. You obsess about customers and have the demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into crisp, detailed product requirements.
• Relentless bias for action. One of your favorite things to do as a product manager to launch, learn and iterate. You know what matters most to customers and can simplify product requirements to deliver benefits to customers as quickly as possible.
• Proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs. You have experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
• Proven ability to understand and solve complex business problems, leveraging your strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep, to create effective strategies.
• Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills. You are as comfortable speaking in front of the company at an all-hands meeting as you are writing a detailed six-page narrative on your products that you can defend with the highest levels of senior leadership.
• Basic technical fluency. You understand how your products get built and can use that knowledge to work with your engineering partners to make smart decisions.
• Strong collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders. You quickly earn the trust of people you work with. People enjoy and have fun working with you.
• Sense of humor. You work hard on behalf of customers, but don't take yourself too seriously.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top