Sr. Product Manager-Technical
- Arlington, VA
Are you Customer obsessed and eager to propose opportunities and influence business decisions to improve the customer experience for Prime Video, Twitch and Gaming products and services? We are looking for an experienced, talented, and motivated technical product manager to join our Customer Experience Strategy team. Our team provides a service that inspects, measures, and drives improvements for Prime Video, Amazon Gaming and Twitch products, and presents recommendations to senior leaders in order to influence and drive changes that ultimately better serve our customers.
As a Senior Technical Product and Customer Insights Manager you will own and contribute to programs that measure the end-to-end customer experience. You will drive awareness of programs across multiple channels, products, and geographies partnering with senior business leaders in developing programs. The role will allow you to make a real impact for our customers and provide a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced environment to constantly build your skill set and address new challenges. Additionally, the person in this role will help contribute to and own our roadmap, will innovate and build new methodologies and products to continuously iterate and improve the service - all in an effort to better serve our customers.
You will incorporate technical solutions and data to drive recommendations across Prime Video, Twitch and multiple gaming product lines, partnering with senior business leaders in developing studies and conducting hands-on research. You will help Amazon continually raise the bar and help achieve our vision: to be Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company. If this role is right for you, you will be excited by the opportunity to be our Customer's advocate and influence their experiences through creative problem solving, analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage ambiguity: Understand complex business problems across business units, geographies and product lines to create hypotheses and translate this into analysis requirements and identify meaningful insights that help Amazon improve our customer experience
• Product Management: Lead large and complex studies, including: scope alignment with business leaders, design, data collection and analysis, recommendations and presenting results to senior management worldwide
• Stakeholder Management: Build strong relations with internal stakeholders to understand priorities, define our roadmap and to collaborate and work with them on studies and actions to implement product and service solutions.
• Customer-Focus: Plan and deliver customer insight products by working backwards from customer needs, for example: scoping each unique effort, design, data collection, data analysis, customer engagement, and providing recommendations which are presented to senior leadership
• Technical Solutions: Collaborate with technical services (software developers, technical program managers, solution architects, business intelligence teams) to plan, design, and develop a portfolio of methodology, tools, and systems for data collection, and data analysis
Additional responsibilities include:
• Trends: Track and evaluate global industry trends
• Teamwork: Work cross functionally with peers/colleagues globally to support training, best practices, and shared opportunities
• Process Improvement: Continuously innovate and improve processes to optimize efficiencies
• Methodologies: Develop new methodologies and standards for measuring and customer experience
The right candidate will:
• Have a passion for continuously improving customer experience
• Have experience influencing without authority, earning trust of senior stakeholders, and inspiring business teams to take action
• Be creative and have excellent business judgment
• Have a strong sense of urgency and commitment
• Be a self-starter, an independent thinker, and a strong team player
• Be a problem solver who always thinks about what to do next
• Have excellent analytical capability
• Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment
• Have backbone to challenge long-held beliefs as an advocate for the customer
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS).
• Excellent English writing skills; able to produce and finalize complex documents
• Hands-on experience with software developer tools and cloud technologies. Understanding of programming concepts.
• Robust quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, SQL experience, and excellent attention to detail
• Technical background and comfort with new technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top