Sr Product Manager-Technical
- Bellevue, WA
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrives you wonder how it got to you so fast? Wondered where it came from and how much it would have cost Amazon. If so, The Amazon Topology Team is for you.
We build systems to peer into the future and estimate the distribution of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon's warehouses in the most cost effective way. The Amazon Topology team does end-to-end supply chain estimation and optimization. This includes determining the number and placement of types of Amazon facilities, and how they should be configured and connected. There are thousands of facilities ranging from million-square-foot Fulfillment Centers with thousands of robots down to inner-city Prime Now facilities fulfilling orders within hours. If you are interested in diving into a multi-discipline, high-impact space this team is for you.
We are looking for a Product Manager to own the forecast and build plan for a major market. In this role, you will make the recommendation of how to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in construction and help develop the scientific models that support those decisions.
The ideal candidate will have excellent statistical and analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, and superior written and verbal communication skills. S/he will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in understanding supply chain and business problem solving, be comfortable dealing with products involving large and complex data sets, have experience writing documents explaining product outputs to enable business decisions, driving adoption and gathering feedback across different customers and stakeholders, developing vision and requirements for existing and new products. You should be adept at leading cross-functionally across supply chain planning teams, Product Managers, Program Managers, Business Intelligence Engineers, Technical Engineers, Ops Engineering, Finance, and SCOT in order to evolve our products and drive adoptability by explaining our models and recommendations to customers and senior leadership.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Work backwards from customers to perform gap analysis, develop vision, and drive solutions to evolve our forecasting systems to meet the need of our global customers and onboard them to our systems.
• Work across teams with different stakeholders to prioritize and deliver inventory predictions, analysis, and build recommendations.
• Understand, explain and write-up prediction model outputs and plan recommendations to drive adoption among business customers and Sr. leadership in various geographies (Supply chain execution, S&OP, Facilities engineering, Real estate, and Finance)
• Collaborate with customers and stakeholders to understand and document use cases, feature requests, up-stream/downstream dependencies, customer feedback, and pain points.
• Collaborate with the team to drive automated data integrity tests, output validation, results summary, and bridging analysis in a way that facilitates expansion to our global customer base (EU, JP, IN, MX, BR).
• Support development and maintenance of end-to-end customer documentation for our products and models covering all nuances.
• Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, mathematics, finance, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring cross-functional product/program management and analytical skills.
• 1+ years of experience extracting data using SQL
• 2+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to clearly communicate product vision and model results to the stakeholders and senior management as required
• Self-driven, with demonstrated ability to deliver in ambiguous environment.
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
• Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
• Master's degree or higher in business, supply chain, or related field; MBA preferred.
• Familiarity with supply chain management concepts including planning, forecasting and optimization gained through work experience.
• 1+ years of experience as a PM in Amazon.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Experience in gathering customer feedback and formulating requirements for product development.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss business concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work across disciplines with product, engineering, research, supply chain, and operations management counterparts to deliver products/services.
• Strategic, analytical, and executional aptitude.
Back to top