Sr. Product Manager-Education
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon is a company of builders who bring varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view to inventing on behalf of our customers. We're a company of pioneers. For today's pioneers, that's exactly why there's no place on Earth they'd rather build than Amazon. Working in the Amazon Devices team will be unlike any job you have had. In Japan, we ensure our global activity is translated for the local markets by making the customer experience on our devices and our Japan sites culturally relevant. Do you have the talent, passion, and customer-obsession to join the Amazon Devices team and be an active driver of that change?
Amazon Devices Japan is seeking a motivated, experienced Product Manager to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative improvements to grow our education business in Japan. The education business at Amazon Devices is a critically important and relevant business, a dynamic market segment that is challenging the ways we obsess over customers, ranging from children, students, and elderlies. There are no limits in learning.
Responsibilities include development of product vision and roadmap, collection and refinement of business requirements from customers, partners, and internal/external stakeholders. You will manage project milestones from design to release and collaborating with technical teams to drive development of features based on team strategy and vision. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but you also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. Maturity, sound judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You will be responsible for organizing and "orchestrating" activities across Amazon Kids, Kindle Contents, Prime Video, Appstore and other internal Amazon stakeholders, to work extensively across teams to capture key activities and ensure that their efforts are properly synchronized. Additionally, you will often need to interface with other departments such as Legal, Finance, and Operations. Your ability to deeply understand complexity while communicating simplicity will be critical.
The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience, superior judgment, great follow-through, and strong problem-solving and communication skills, who can thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, partner experience, performance and operational support load.
• Have obsession to drive a better customer experiences through everything that we do here at Amazon.
• Role is global in nature - will work with teams in other markets. Build strong internal relationships across Amazon. Influence internal teams including other regions to deliver the right results for our business growth.
• 8+ years of work experience in product management, project management, and/or marketing with a combination of business development, operations, and/or program management experience.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working in ambiguous environment, with minimal supervision.
• Experience in successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
• Ability to leverage insights (qualitative and quantitative) to design and implement innovative and bold strategic vision.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen (strong Bias for Action).
• Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary.
• Strong influencer with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in both Japanese and English (native level Japanese and business level English (TOEIC: 850 or above)).
• BA/BS required.
• Experience working directly for or within education or public sector.
• Passion for education.
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top