The Amazon Devices JP team is looking for a talented, smart, experienced and entrepreneurial Product Manager to help us deliver a world-class portfolio of Accessories for Amazon Devices. Joining the Amazon Devices team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. We are looking for a leader who operate both strategically and tactically: think big to drive new opportunities, dive deep in data to uncover customer insights, break down and solve complex problems and drive operational excellence.
The Senior Product Manager for Amazon Devices Accessories will own and drive sales, product marketing and Go-To-Market (GTM) strategies that deliver category growth and profitability. You will be the business owner of accessories for Amazon's current and future devices including Fire tablets, Kindle E-readers, Amazon Fire TV, and Amazon Echo and Smart Home devices.
You will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders to ensure the successful launch of new accessory products by coordinating internally and externally the go-to-market schedule and activities, ensuring that key deliverables are available when needed, and identifying opportunities to optimize processes.
In this role you will have an opportunity to work on a global scale through a broad array of opportunities and challenges - help customers discover our latest accessories and bundles, drive the launch of new programs, develop channel-specific sales strategies, test/implement new demand generation levers, drive accessories sales, build new sales and marketing playbooks all of which will help deliver accessories sales and enhance customer engagement and satisfaction. This is a high visibility role that will work on a broad array of business problems and have frequent opportunities to interact with and present to leadership.
You will work with a WW cross-functional team including product development, manage vendor relationships (supplier/partner contracts and negotiate and secure marketing funds), demand planning, in-stock, offline retail, finance, and merchandising to develop and execute a multi-year plan to grow the Amazon Devices Accessory business.
• Accountable for driving Amazon Devices' Accessories and bundles sales, marketing and GTM, spanning end-to-end product life cycle: from new product launches to post-launch demand generation
• Lead Go-To-Market (GTM) activities; working with Devices, Product launch, product management, and Ops organizations to bring new accessories to the market
• Drive demand generation: includes running and developing new initiatives and programs for selling Amazon Devices' accessories on Amazon.co.jp site and in offline partners
• Define and deliver a best-in-class marketing program, write business requirements and partner with the merchandising organization on implementation
• Conduct business and financial analysis, be fluent in speaking to and analyzing P&L drivers, including forecasting, monitoring, and reporting
• Key influencer in developing and auditing business strategy, contributing significantly to business operations, customer engagement and analytics, and financial planning
• Develop, standardize and maintain business critical metrics (input and output), analysis, reporting, to support business and financial planning
• Lead cross-functional internal stakeholder teams, as well as external partners to deliver projects on time
• Role is global in nature will work with teams in other marketplaces
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience managing multiple projects - ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen (strong Bias for Action)
• Street smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
• Strong influencer with excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills in both Japanese and English (native level Japanese and business level English (TOEIC: 850 or above))
• BA/BS required
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
• Experience managing hardware products
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.