Would you like to be part of a team focused on driving innovation in the transportation industry, while working to empower entrepreneurs, and contribute to Amazon's sustainability goals? If you have an entrepreneurial drive and instincts to build products for customers, you may be just right for the Sr. Product Manager role for Amazon Freight Partner. Amazon Freight Partner (freightpartner.amazon.com) is a new program that enables entrepreneurs to start and grow their trucking business alongside Amazon, with exclusive training, ability to hire from their local communities, and long-term growth potential. The Amazon Freight Partner team is seeking candidates with entrepreneurial spirit who are quick learners and comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
As a Sr. Product Manager of Planning & Optimization for this new growth initiative, you will responsible for driving route planning and utilization that provides the best linehaul carrier experience and also directly impacts our bottom line. You will:
• Work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also effectively day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains.
• Regularly interact with executive leadership and work with business teams to define product strategy, develop the product development road map, technology architecture and execution.
• Define initiatives that will make the most business impact and drive them to completion
• Track and report the progress and the impact of your initiatives
• You will have complete ownership to drive your initiatives
As an ideal candidate, you will need an extensive background in product management, demonstrated leadership of high-impact strategic initiatives, and experience in managing and launching products. You possess the ability to synthesize customer pain points, craft product vision and roadmaps, develop requirements and manage all aspects of execution. This requires rapid learning in new domain areas, understanding integration between products and systems, technical skillsets in analyzing data to make product decisions. This role offers an opportunity to play a prominent role in leading efforts that make a difference to our customers, while improving our efficiency and cost structure. This role is inherently cross functional - you will work closely with engineering, business, operations, finance and executive teams to bring products to market. This job will require exceptional communication skills and having the ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment with all levels of leadership, and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex challenges, communicating persuasively and with a strong bias to get things done and deliver results.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering or Business discipline from an accredited university
• 5+ years of work experience in product management
• Proven ability to deliver products from concept to launch
• Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to make business decisions
• Excellent communication skills, able to present findings in a clear and concise manner
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
• Proven project management skills
Experience building business cases for products and features, and analyzing performance
• Experience in market research, competitive analysis, SWOT to help frame strategic outlook
• Strong written communications skills
• Skilled at representing product interests to senior leadership
• Master's Degree in Science, Engineering, Marketing, MBA or similar field from an accredited university
• Experience with logistics, transportation or supply chain management