Sr. Product Manager, Virtual Private Cloud
- Terrace, Canada
Amazon Web Services is looking for a product leader to define and build the future of cloud networking. AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses and is reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology. AWS is servicing millions of customers all over the world and empowering developers who are building the next generation of applications and infrastructure. Within AWS, you will work with a team that delivers one of the largest software defined networks in the cloud with diverse customers ranging from startups to well-known enterprises. As a member of the broader EC2 Product Leadership team, you'll join other innovative product and engineering leaders to create the future of cloud networking.
We are looking for a senior product manager who will own and drive product management across a range of EC2 network offerings. You will have ownership over adoption, feature prioritization, product definition, messaging, pricing, customer interaction, sales enablement, and team development. Working closely with and across agile teams, you will be able to see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS and Amazon.com leadership.
Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is deeply passionate about working with great teams that deliver the highest quality services. You are naturally customer centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 7+ years of product management experience preferably with Networking, Internet business experience and/or IT Infrastructure including compute or storage.
• 7+ years of product management experience in delivering successful products
• 7+ years of experience in translating customer needs into features, product packaging, appropriate pricing models, positioning and delivering an excellent customer experience
• Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics and/or MBA
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with software-defined networking, virtualization and public cloud
• Demonstrated success in delivering high quality technology products/services in a scale up environment where priorities can shift rapidly
• Experience in driving a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
• Experience driving a technical global product and team with end to end inbound and outbound product responsibilities
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top